How can we improve WooCommerce?

Woocommerce Auction

Allow me to set an item in woo-commerce to auction. I sell regular items in my store but sometimes I want to auction off an item for charity. It would be neat to be able to set an item up for this.

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Woj1s shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew Angell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm actually developing this and hope to have the beta ready by the end of the year. You can check out the progress here: https://github.com/angelleye/offers-for-woocommerce

I'm still working on the 0.1.0 beta release list of issues, but I don't think it'll be much longer before that's ready to go, and I'd love to get some people using it and providing feedback.

You can look at the issues list on that GitHub repo to get an idea of where I'm going with this thing.

• Woo User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gotcha... If many industries you must advertise at preset prices, though you can accept whatever price you want of course on a sale. This would allow an automatic process of price negotiation, while maintaining advertising pricing policies.

• Woo User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously this plugin would not be for you then Chuck since you do not understand the value.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why the hell would anyone want such a ridiculous feature? Especially with auto-accept. Everyone would just automatically offer the lowest price possible, you might as well list the item at that price.

• Sebs Studio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm currently finishing an auction plugin for WooCommerce and I am also getting it ready to be compatible with WooCommerce v2.1

• Mike king commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I might plant a seed for an auction extension to woocommerce. I was thinking that since there is everything else rolled into woocommerce it might not be too difficult to create an extension to create auctions on products and sell to the highest bidder.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wanting to build an auction site, but I want to use WooCommerce. Capabilities would include pay now, reserve price, etc. Ebay style.

@kingbt I would be happy for my auction plugin to work with both WooThemes version and Matt Gates if possible.

• kingbt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My bad, you mentioned Product Vendors by Woo which is even better than the one I mentioned.

@kingbt I'm near the end of my debugging my auction plugin and will be starting on various add-ons like the ones you have listed below. As for the commission features I will be working on connecting my auction plugin with the product vendors plugin.

http://www.sebs-studio.com/wp-plugins/woocommerce-auctions/
    http://www.sebs-studio.com/wp-plugins/woocommerce-auctions/woocommerce-private-listings/

Please contact me to talk about the features.

Thanks.

• kingbt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm interested in a auction plugin / WooCommerce extionsion with this features

- posting of auctions, buy no, classifieds (those could be custom post types) with expiration
    - seller/author ratings
    - payment by PayPal
    - seller credit from PayPal
    - commission for the site owner (a percentage from the sale)
    - commission from postings auctions, buy now or classifieds (0.01 cents from seller credit)

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a fantastic addition to woocommerce. One that I know myself and the industry my store services, is in bad need and want for. I saw another post that had another plugin that acheived this but, I for one would prefer that it was part of the woocommerce framework.

Thanks,
    Ryan

• Elmer twilley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can be implemented with contact form 7, although a user will have to fill in a form with their email address.

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base