How can we improve WooCommerce?

Woocommerce Auction

Allow me to set an item in woo-commerce to auction. I sell regular items in my store but sometimes I want to auction off an item for charity. It would be neat to be able to set an item up for this.

187 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Woj1s shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tyler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This could be used to accept "absentee" bids before a physical live auction, or it could serve as an online auction format where the bids are held private until the sale time.
    Site registration and credit-card verification need to happen before the bid is placed and CC info should be held until the winning bid's payment is processed.

• Christian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a most welcome plugin. But I think it would be extremely important to be able to have both the opportunity to use WooCommerce normally = have items in your shop and each item have a price AND have auction opportunity = chose when you upload a new product if it should be a "normal" product or an auction product. And if it is an auction product you of course need to be able to set a minimum price.

Hope to see this developed soon

Best,
    C

• Barry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I absolutely agree with this. Best Offer would be extremely helpful!

• Woo User commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see an option for customers to click "Make an Offer" or "Best Offer", simliar to eBay or marketplaces, now also pretty common on high level Magento sites (especially in the electronics world).

This feature should allow you to leave you normal pricing in place, but show an optional check button in product data to allow customers to send in offers. Here you can set an amount that if an offer was submitted at that dollar amount or higher, it would auto accept and the customer could complete the transaction. If not amount was set to be auto accepted, then the store manager would get an email to go hit accept or decline on the offer.

The extension "Name your Price" does not give you this functionality unfortunately as it was not aimed at this exact intention. I think this could be a huge asset to an online store owner.

• Emily commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did this ever get developed? I'm also interested in auction functionality

• Ben Casey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I might potentially be able to help you guys out, If you want to get a word / gdocs document together with a definitive user flow and required functionality, I will be able to do up a timeframe.

Cheers
    Ben

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please! I'm creating a website for a Collectibles & Antiques shop that likes to auction off higher-value items. For now, I'm stuck using an eBay plugin! Ick! Please make auctions a feature.

1 3 Next →

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base