How can we improve WooCommerce?

newsletter sign-up coupon generator

Would be great to have an extension to generate a unique (one time use) coupon code for each newsletter subscriber. This would only allow one coupon per email address. If you like the sound of this send in your votes and let's see this in action. Cheers

94 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ChrisOmlor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was thinking of using the Newsletter Subscription plugin and then directing newseltter sign-ups to the WooCommerce My Account page to sign up (the Newsletter sign-up check box appears under the username/email fields). This way you have the subscriber in WordPress as a "customer" record and their email address in Mail Chimp (if not already).

It would be great to somehow send a New Account/Welcome email from WooCommerce to any new online customer that contains a unique discount coupon. From what I can see, the Follow-Up emails extension requires a purchase/order to be made to do this.

• diskette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm removing my votes for some other good idea which won't happen but keep my 3 grumbles

• Nirav Mehta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How would you track newsletter sign-ups?

We are considering adding a coupon generator for our Smart Coupons plugin. It currently lets you send a coupon when a product is purchased, and that coupon code can be used only by people who bought the product, but "generated" coupons (or codes - which can also be used as serial keys for example) is on the cards.

Would love to hear how you envision integrating newsletter sign-ups with coupons...

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base