How can we improve WooCommerce?

Custom delivery info at each product etc. 3-5 weeks

All commerce shops seems to miss the rising option that more and more shops sell products shiped from eastern. Furniture etc.

A customer needs to be able to see when the product is estimated to be delivered. Today you only can show on stock or not on stock, but no extra information about the delivery time.

Could it not be an idea to add a custom field after the stock information where you at each product can write estimaed deliverytime.

Having a shop with furnitures right now, where we really need this.. As the products variates from 2-3 weeks to 7-14 weeks from product to product, and we need to write it in the description.. Not quite optimal when stock options could handle/show it.

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
TheGeek shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Zon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you figure it out becuase im having the exact same problem. I have different products with different shipping times that depend on the customers location and there are no plugin/solutions that I have found! Im really shocked because this is such a fundamental aspect of an eCommerce shop.

Looking forward to hearing if you have found a method,
    thanks.

• Paul Isaac commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

... and I am anpther one who needs it. I'm also putting it in the description, but it then becomes very hard to manage any changes.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also searching for a plugin like that... I can't understand that, that's one of the basics an online-shop should offer.. !!

• Magnus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a bit stumped by this. I just can't find a plugin that does this and it's common for us to have both products incoming at specific dates in the future as well as generalized time to shipping in the order of days and weeks.

• Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe just reach out to the dev "Cuzzy" and offer to take over or buy it off him.

• Dennis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's unbelievable that every time i search for the simple option to JUST DISPLAY the delivery time (1 day, 1 week, etc) on the product page someone is introducing the date picker. NOOOOO!! No date picker just delivery times please. :)

• Maximiliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Ashok thanks for your comment and your plugin can be useful but is not that i ask. I mean woo commerce needs another tab in the product page where you can put (like in my link example) information about shipping, before the customer put the product in the cart! this is the problem. I'm not interesting that the customer choose the date of delivery …. the customer must be informed before about product shipping …

:)

• Maximiliano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@TheGeek great idea … and useful plugin .. if u sell international … people want to know when the product arrived … because maybe he must go away for a trip … but bw .. i can share a link where there is a great example … i used that service twice … link: http://www.hobbywow.com/en-syma-s6-3ch-mini-rc-helicopter-with-gyro-rtf-p237144.htm then see tab "shipping" .. is great.

• Ashok commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey,

I have just created a similar plugin. It would allow the customer to choose a delivery date for their order on the checkout page. The lite version would just put the calendar on the checkout page whereas the PRO version would allow you to have control over which dates to present for delivery, & other settings. For example, the PRO version will allow you to set minimum order delivery time to 2 weeks or 3 weeks or 4 weeks, etc. However, this is not per product, it's for the entire order.

PRO Version: http://www.tychesoftwares.com/store/premium-plugins/order-delivery-date-for-woocommerce-pro

LITE: http://www.tychesoftwares.com/store/free-plugins/order-delivery-date-for-woocommerce-lite

Check it out!

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base