How can we improve WooCommerce?

Waiting list - subscribe to "Notify me" email when product is back in stock

It would be good to see this feature as part of woocommerce inventory feature rather than an extension. Most of the major shopping cart allows customers to subscribe to a "Notify me when item is back in stock" in the product details page (single product template).
From the admin, we can then see the the listing of subscribed emails to respective products. This will allow store owners to determine if the item is ideal for restocking.
Once the item is restocked, the system will send an auto notification. Once sent, the email is removed from the list. (sent once for per subscribed)

59 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    LH shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Beanjam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really needs an option for non-registered users to enter an email address too.

• Kiwimana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Shame it doesn't work for variable products :(

These are most of our stores products and this would be great if it worked for them?

• Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

working on this idea myself (just started) but with a diffrent aproach.
        here are some tips if anyone else is into this :
        the file you need to work on is : /plugins/woocomerce/templates/singleproduct/simple.php
        before the ending <?php endif; ?> , add a <?php else : ?> and then some checkbox that opens a contact form (so that customers that are not logged in can manifest their intention to buy an out of stock item). it's a different aproach since it requires customer input, and it's not automated (it just notifies the shop owner)

• CHris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My client wants this facility too :) Is there a paid plug in for this feature?

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base