How can we improve WooCommerce?

Export products to csv by criteria or category

Currently you are able to Export product list (but only starting at product 1 back). A crucial piece of any ecommerce CMS platform is the ability to export products to csv files for quick manipulation based on a category or criteria of the products you want to edit. Websites that have large # of products find the current export useless as I am unable to export my last 61,000 products out of 63,000 total.
The easiest fix is first by category, but also the ability to select products to export.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    TobyToby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rachel SmisekRachel Smisek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Export only products that meet criteria. e.g., certain category or parent (members of a group). As it stands I need to export my entire product list in chunks of 5000 (I have 30,000 products) and do Excel magic to find members of a group or category to make updates.

It's.... not ideal... and seems like it would be reasonably simple functionality to add.

• Joe MoormanJoe Moorman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Woocommerce can't really be said to support an ecommerce website of any size until product exports can be sorted by category. Until then, woocommerce is appropriate for small boutiques and isn't a valid hosting option for anyone trying to manage inventory for a product catalog of any size. The code needed to add this feature is relatively simple. It boggles my mind that it hasn't already been added.

• EgbertEgbert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add "select on product category" in Woo CSV import/export. It is now only possible to select ranges/offsets. Selectin om prod. cat. would be very handy to export parts of the product database. Then just these products can be (bulk) modified off-site and, when done, be merged into the db again.

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base