How can we improve WooCommerce?

Display Dynamic Pricing

The idea is to display dynamic pricing in the product information sheet.
If the client knows the purchase volume discounts will encourage you to buy that amount to get the best price.

70 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Scratches head..... why on earth for a $129 plugin you can not display a table for the qty breaks on the product page is beyond me.
    Others are doing it for a lot less than what you are charging.
    Such a shame. This is a widely used method in the retail trade and a much-needed tool to be competitive. Sort it out please.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The official woo commerce dynamic pricing plugin costs (as of now) $129. It lets you easily create pricing rules to apply various discounts based off role and specific quantities purchased. HOWEVER, it does not provide you with a way to DISPLAY THE DISOUNT. How are my customers going to know they will get 20% off if they purchase 5+ units of something, and 30% off if they purchase 10+ units?

This 3rd party plugin allows you to do just that, in addition to other perks, for nearly half the price as the "official" woo commerce plugin - https://yithemes.com/themes/plugins/yith-woocommerce-dynamic-pricing-and-discounts/

I've already purchased the $129 plugin and have manually created my own tables and embedded them on to my product pages. But now I'll need to manually change the bulk pricing rows one at a time if I change the product price. It isn't updated and displayed dynamically.

PLEASE, improve and update your $129 plugin. It's a glaring omission. So much so that I think the plugin should either clarify it to future customers OR be taken down until the missing feature is added.

• Peter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can display the bulk discounts on the product pages - you have to use the 'WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts' plugin. The plugin is a fraction of the price of the Woo Themes one, and has all the same features + a price scale on the product pages. Looks like the competition didn't find it "too complicated" to implement.

• Yiddish Warmth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If it's too complex to automatically display the bulk discount info on the product pages, I would suggest giving us a "Product Page Discount Message" text field for each CATEGORY PRICING that would let us type in the message we want to appear on every related product page. That seems like a very straight forward solution if automated messages are just to difficult to make happen.

Thank you for considering this suggestion!

• Nick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea. I'v used the short description / excerpt to display this information. I've created shortcodes so it's allways written in the same way, and I can change it, by changing the shortcodes

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing

Feedback and Knowledge Base