How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Extension: Customize Emails

It's currently WAY too difficult to customize WooCommerce system emails. You should produce an extension that allows people more design flexibility and to customize the text easily. This is more than just a convenience- it's a branding and customer relations necessity.

I used a plugin called WP eStore before WooCommerce and they made it very easy to customize the various email text, complete with shortcodes you could use for order specific information (http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/ecommerce/wp-estore-shortcodes-and-functions-reference-460). Something like this would be very popular and make life a lot easier for people who need that kind of control.

293 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kaitlin Reeves [ F&F Web ]Kaitlin Reeves [ F&F Web ] shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SonicPixelSonicPixel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This extension is way too expensive considering this functionality should be included in the core of the plugin. Whoever heard of not being able to customize emails sent from a business to a client?!?!

• DaltonDalton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@patrick rauland: That plugin allows you to edit the look and feel of the emails, but not the text content. It's still very difficult to edit email text content and not customer friendly at all.

• Tyler S.Tyler S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the progress on this? This is an obvious gap in this ecommerce software. The e-mail templates are pretty bad out-of-the-gate, and changing them requires PHP coding.

For me, I'm particularly interested in being able to remove the Quantity column when it's a Bookings product.

• Sebastien DumontSebastien Dumont commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is anyone still interested in this extension and is anyone already developing this as I would like to research on this?

• JohnJohn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is rediculous. This feature is so essential it should be free.

• Gabriel RegulyGabriel Reguly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I have started making a plugin for it, please contact me via my site if you want to test it.

Regards,
        Gabriel

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, this is an important feature that WooCommerce really lacks. I get comments about this from clients frequently.
        Previewing and testing the emails is also an important feature.

• TushantTushant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used a plugin called WP eStore before WooCommerce and they made it very easy to customize the various email text, complete with shortcodes you could use for order specific information (http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/ecommerce/wp-estore-shortcodes-and-functions-reference-460). Something like this would be very popular and make life a lot easier for people who need that kind of control.

• TushantTushant commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's currently WAY too difficult to customize WooCommerce system emails. You should produce an extension that allows people more design flexibility and to customize the text easily. This is more than just a convenience- it's a branding and customer relations necessity.

I NEED to be able to change the emails ASAP. Why do they make this so difficult?

• UddhavaUddhava commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WooCommerce 2.0 did add the ability to configure the admin emails. But still you cannot easily change the texts from the back end

Agreed! Also, how do we handle Customer Notes that require multi-language templates? Customers receive the note in the language they ordered in, but the template stays in the default language. A BIG limitation for multi-lingual sites.

• NickNick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In WooCommerce 2.0 it will be standard. It has new options for individual transaction emails with template editor, so it is easier to change the text of your emails. 2.0 will come out in beginning of the new year.

WooCommerce

Feedback and Knowledge Base