How can we improve WooCommerce?

Free Products? Option to display either Woo Checkout or PayPal Express Checkout buttons based on cart total?

I want to be able to "sell" free products using PayPal Express Checkout ... works if there are other products with value, but not if only one free product.

Is it possible to display the regular WooCommerce Checkout button *instead* of the PayPal Express Checkout button if cart total equals $0.00?

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AdminWooCommerce (Admin, WooCommerce) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Aries Productions - Mabula Haverkamp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to report a serious problem with the WooCommerce Paypal Checkout Gateway plugin to the developers. The smart payment buttons really should not show when a customer is ordering a free (virtual downloadable) product.

With the smart payment buttons enabled, when a free product is ordered, customers get really confused, because the payment buttons will show allthough the product is free. They are hesitant to order the free product because they think payment details will be asked allthought the product is free... several of my customers already brought this concern forward.

These "smart" payment buttons are shown next the regular Place Your Order button.

If the smart payment buttons are disabled, everything is logical.

If the smart payment buttons are enabled, it's not logical, thus not very smart I think. It only works and is logical for not-free products.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Gateway PayPal Checkout

Feedback and Knowledge Base