How can we improve WooCommerce?

Double Opt-In Customer Registration

I would like to see a Double Opt-In Customer Registration process added to the existing WooCommerce registration. I have used third party plugins to do this but it adds a different interface somewhere else on the page. Jetpack seems to be working well for email subscribers only but again, it is a separate interface than the customer registration.

This is important to me since Jetpack delivers post notifications to customers as well as the double opt-in subscribers it collects and I am planning on using the standard blog post process to send monthly newsletters also.

85 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mario guglielmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder why woocommerce is ignoring European ecommerce needs. And it's a great security addon functionality for every country.

• Gabriele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I asked for the same feature a few days ago, and Dwain gave me a link to a free WP plugin:
        https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-email-verification/

I'd rather prefer if such a basic feature would be included in WC, as this is also mandatory in the EU!
        Without a sort of "verified opt-in" anyone can register with someone else email *and* automatically being logged-in and fill false informations (such as full name and address).

This is what I mean:
        - a visitor click on "my account", enter his email to be registered;
        - he receives an email with a link for the confirmation;
        - if he submits that link, he will receive the automatically generated password and can log-in.

Otherwise there will be a lot of "joe-job" , scams and other kind of stupid things...

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base