How can we improve WooCommerce?

Double Opt-In Customer Registration

I would like to see a Double Opt-In Customer Registration process added to the existing WooCommerce registration. I have used third party plugins to do this but it adds a different interface somewhere else on the page. Jetpack seems to be working well for email subscribers only but again, it is a separate interface than the customer registration.

This is important to me since Jetpack delivers post notifications to customers as well as the double opt-in subscribers it collects and I am planning on using the standard blog post process to send monthly newsletters also.

86 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • mario guglielmi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder why woocommerce is ignoring European ecommerce needs. And it's a great security addon functionality for every country.

• Gabriele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

I asked for the same feature a few days ago, and Dwain gave me a link to a free WP plugin:
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/woocommerce-email-verification/

I'd rather prefer if such a basic feature would be included in WC, as this is also mandatory in the EU!
    Without a sort of "verified opt-in" anyone can register with someone else email *and* automatically being logged-in and fill false informations (such as full name and address).

This is what I mean:
    - a visitor click on "my account", enter his email to be registered;
    - he receives an email with a link for the confirmation;
    - if he submits that link, he will receive the automatically generated password and can log-in.

Otherwise there will be a lot of "joe-job" , scams and other kind of stupid things...

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base