Enable advanced recurring features with Stripe (Subscriptions)
When using the current subscriptions plugin in combination with stripe, it would be nice to see the following features that are supported by stripe.
1. Changing customer subscriptions/pro rate subscriptions. https://stripe.com/docs/subscriptions#changing-a-customers-subscriptions
This would be nice for customers who would like to upgrade their subscription without stopping one and signing up for another without pro rating their fee. This UX enhancement will help conversion and retention rates.
2. One time fee's - https://stripe.com/docs/subscriptions#changing-a-customers-subscriptions
This would help those who need to charge an entry fee and then recurring price. Similar to how woothemes developer accounts work.
3. Discount on referral. I do not see this as a direct possibility but a feature that other sites have. With this, a users recurring fee is discounted when they refer other subscribers. This discount is active for as long as the other subscriber is active.
Brent Shepherd commented
This is a very old request so I just wanted to clarify that these features are possible with Subscriptions these days:
1. Changing customer subscriptions/pro rate subscriptions: http://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/switching-guide/
2. On time fees via sign-up fees on a product: https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/subscriptions/store-manager-guide/#section-1
3. There are many plugins with referral integration, one of the best is AffiliateWP: https://affiliatewp.com/ I'm not 100% sure if it supports discounting, but it definitely integrates with WooCommerce Subscriptions.
Brent Shepherd commented
As of version 1.2.4, the WooCommerce Subscriptions extension includes a feature to manually modify a subscription: http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/extensions/subscriptions/add-or-modify-a-subscription/#section-3
You can use this to change the recurring amount charged for a subscription (it won't pro-rate the amount, it will simply be increased to the value you set for the next charge).
It can also be used to reduce the recurring amount charged, for referrals discounts.
Stripe will be adding support for this feature very, very soon.
For the "One time fees", you could already add a sign-up fee to a subscription product: http://wcdocs.woothemes.com/user-guide/extensions/subscriptions/store-manager-guide/#section-1
This is perfectly suited to charging an entry fee.