How can we improve WooCommerce?

emails

Copy customer emails to yourself option.

It would be useful to have an option to copy all automated emails sent out to customers by WooCommerce to another email address (e.g yourself or the store owner).

The reason being that I'm not exactly sure what gets sent out and when and it would be good to see exactly what the customer sees to check that this is all as it should be.

For example, I've just added a plugin that adds the delivery tracking number to the 'order complete' notification. But I have no way to check whether this is working or whether the links generated for different shipping companies are working correctly, as I never get to see the emails.

Obviously you probably don't want this turned on all the time, so a simple 'copy customer emails to xyz@xyz.com' option with an email address field and tickbox somewhere in the setting would do the trick nicely!

regards, James

34 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I sell virtual product - file downloads, so the email the customer gets as the completed order not only contains the description of the product but also the file download links. The completed order email only goes to the customer so I have no way of knowing if he has an email with his paid for product. I used to use Swiss Army Knife to solve this problem but this is broken by WP4.6 and the app is no longer supported. There does seem to be an alternative.

• olivierk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

FYI you want to CC all emails the system sends, just use an email gateway like Mandrill that has that CC to another email functionality built in and then create a CC only email account on Gmail and send a copy of every email there... it's what I do and pretty simple.

• Susan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just gotten my first orders and would love to be able to track the emails sent. It would be nice to see the actual email for a while, though I have the vision that I'll have so many orders, I won't want an email once it's been tested. My idea though, would be to at least have an email log, so that I can see a listing of all the emails that have been sent.

• Timm Dapper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An alternative would be to be able to view created e-mails in the backend, but actually have it sent to our own account might be better especially when you're trying to track down potential errors.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base