How can we improve WooCommerce?

Dynamic Pricing To Include Tax Exempt for Wholesalers & Distributors

"Dynamic Pricing To Include Tax Exempt Option for Wholesalers & Distributors"

I wanted to bump a post from over a year ago to see if there was any further development. Here was the post:

"With the dynamic pricing extension it would be great to be able to define User Groups that are Tax Exempt (i.e. Resellers, Wholesalers, and Distributors)"

This would be an amazing addition for those who deal with both retail and wholesale clients on one website. 99.9% of our wholesale clients have resale certificates, so taxes do not apply to them, but there is no way to differentiate them from our regular retail customers.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is also useful in Australia where the store is selling on behalf on 3rd parties.

The ATO Tax ruling is that it is the sellers status that matters, not the technology provider, so when a person signs up they must set their tax status, and gst is applied based on that.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The posted code workarounds that I have found to achieve this do not work if the Dynamic Pricing plugin is active. Please incorporate this feature into the plugin!

• Terry Peterson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've been running WooCommerce for two years and we've had to hack around with different ideas to satisfy tax exempt status for Wholesale vs Retail accounts. One of the last major updates to WooCommerce messed up one hack, so we had to start over with a different approach using Dynamic Pricing. Tax Exempt by Role definitely need to be a built-in feature.

• cathy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I NEED this! As websites are used for more and more classes of users, this is very important.

• Andrew Behla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be amazing to have this bundled into dynamic pricing. Given the cost of the extension it would really help. I don't like the idea of using the ignite woo solution as their support is next to nil.

• Yoshi Melrose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really hoping this feature gets implemented. Sure, we can add that code to change the core code like in that one post in the comments, but like the OP mentioned, any kind of update will wipe out your code and you will have to put it back in again. I don't know about anyone else, but that doesn't sound appealing to me. I guess ideally someone could write a plugin that will help in this regard. That would be incredibly awesome, and frankly I wouldn't mind paying a few dollars for it.

• Conrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this. I need this feature bad as many of our big accounts are government agencies that are tax exempt

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing

Feedback and Knowledge Base