How can we improve WooCommerce?

Discontinued Products option under Inventory > Stock Status

Out of Stock option usually means temporarily out of stock. It could be a case when product has been discontinued and of stock forever. You may want to keep the product page alive (for SEO or other purpose) but you do not want to confuse shoppers and give them hope that out of stock product will be back.

96 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Scott Weiss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Will marking this as Discontinued, remove the Variation from the dropdown on the single product field? I'd rather just have it removed than saying discontinued. Is there a filter that would allow me to remove it from that dropdown?

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just finished a plugin for making products discontinued. It adds a stock status right in the dropdown where "In stock", "Out of stock", and "On backorder" are now. With this plugin, you get a 4th option -- "Discontinued"

It's in the WordPress plugin repo: https://wordpress.org/plugins/woodiscontinued/

• AndrewM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! I have a winery client where we'd like to keep a separate page of the 'discontinued' library wines.

• Doug Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another use case is for discontinued downloadable products. You can't ever delete a downloadable product or it will break the ability of customers to log into their account and re-download what they have purchased.

• Chad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes PLEASE. I was planning on migrating to woo commerce but I really need to have both out of stock and discontinued statuses as I want to keep out of stock items available for search index. Even though an item is discontinued I still get a lot of traffic from those pages which often leads to customers purchasing other similar items.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We could really do with this, I have been checking back to see if it's there yet for a good year now as it's quite crucial for a variety of stores we run. Instead I have had to map some custom meta to various templates to achieve the effect.

• Sue commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Coming Soon" would also be helpful as an inventory status.

• FNFWeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least 5 of my clients would really benefit from this option. 'Discontinued' and 'Out of Stock' are functionally different for store managers and having discontinued products clutter the Stock report makes it confusing.

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base