How can we improve WooCommerce?

Ability to apply coupons manually when manually adding order

Hello!

It would be great if backend users have the ability to add a coupon to an order when adding it manually in the backend.

This way, say if an order is being placed but the admin needs to add a coupon to the order, he/she can do so. We can track coupons, this way.

Also - the ability to input discounts in percentages would be awesome

Thanks!
Roc.

374 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Roc shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

48 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, please add this function, need to be able to add a coupon code to a manual order or at least a discount, and I'm not sure why "discount" is in the totals area when you can't do anything with it. Thanks.

I've found plugin "phone orders" at wordpress.org yesterday, it seems they already coded this option in beta. I haven't tested it though, I still wait for reply from them.

My customers do not create their own orders. Only I do it for them and send them an invoice. I really need to easily be able to give them certain discounts such as "first time customer" without doing work-arounds. Please fix this.

We also need that feature very urgent, because our customer only rarely make their booking by themself (we are a cowork space).
        Does anyone knows another plugin which covers that function?

• MM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can we at least edit the discount line in the interim to add the proper discount amount to a manual order? I find it ridiculous that at the very least this can't be edited. I don't know of any other back end that places this sort of limitation on manual orders. Not everyone purchases online...and orders require editing more often than you may think.

When doing rebates manually the invoice is just totally messed up, and cannot get it to work at all. Would be so much easier to just write the discount or a total price including the tax and make woocommerce calculate the tax correctly based on this. 3 votes from me.

• Reece commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Manual order total calculation is a pain, having to go off site for usps price calculation is a pain, we have to press so many buttons and confirmations just to set up an order. Its really a pain in the butt. I hope to see some improvement on the manual order screen in the next release.

• Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Responding to Patrick, yes, it would be so useful for all shop owners to have a better backend for manual orders / phone orders. Something like the frontend but with no restrictions, coupons and all functionalities that the frontend offers and open to choose any payment method no matter if active for end users. This would make the shop user experience so much better. I strongly support this feature and many colleges using Woocommerce agree. Thanks.

• Elle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also would like to add my 2c. It's nearly impossible to generate an accurate quote that includes shipping, and many government and educational institutions require an accurate quote in order to allocate funds. We lose a lot of money on shipping because we constantly have to guess based on looking shipping costs up manually.

• Butch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to toss in a few votes for the re-implementation of this.
        I have at least a half a dozen clients that have railed me as to why this is not available. Coupon Control in Order Admin is a must have. Please, see if you can bring this thread back to life.

Creating a new order from the back end should be executable the same way as from the front end - easy. Shipping, total amount of the order and tax should be automatically calculated... The way it works now, we need to rather go and place the order form the front end, as if it was the customer himself :-(
        I can't believe these issues has not been fixed so far...

• Marcellino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can also add a new cost line and enter the amount with minus in front (negative) of it (ex.: -200).

Yes, please implement this feature. We receive many phone orders and we need to be able to apply coupons when adding an order manually from the back end. Thank you!

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base