How can we improve WooCommerce?

Pre-order improvements

Improve Pre-Orders as the current version only allows 1 pre-order item in cart at all times. Thus we're not able to add normal items nor multiple pre-order items.

This makes it harder for customers to purchase from us, who are mainly carrying items via pre-order.

Better to improve it by letting everyone able to pre-order any amount of items they need and have a cart of various pre-order and normal products.

Quite urgent as we can't keep stocks of the full product range, but only those we know can move =)

Thanks!

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Leo Koo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Si Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 Why did you ever think that a single product is a viable solution?
    At the very least there should be multiple pre-order products allowed in the cart.

• Checkmate Web Solutions commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see multiple pre-orders allowed on checkout, in addition to grouped product functionality. My customers often know what they want, they just need to line the order up quickly and pay.

• Ben Karnaghan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This request has been here since 2013. So I doubt it that they'll actually implement this feature anytime soon, if ever. However I plead that this get fixed ASAP. The absence of this feature practically null-and-voids the plug-in as our customers want to purchase multiple pre-order items of the same type, released on the same day but have to pay multiple times for shipping. This is pushing our customers to our competitors as this feature is lacking.

• Beau commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried the Pre-Orders Fix and it had a fatal error. So I guess they're just not going to fix this, huh? Pretty useless then.

• Nat commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dam... I just bought this. Set it all up and then released it only works with one product at a time. Its useless without multiple product pre-orders. I urgently need this for wholesale customers to pre-order in bulk. Any one find another plugin that works with multiple pre-orders.

Woocommerce need to get this featured sorted, looks like lots of us are in the same boat!

• OchoMedia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ASAP!!! Just when I was ready to go WooCommerce vs Shopify, when to check the $129.00 Pre-Order extension info and was a big turn-off! Customers can just buy one item! And surprise too, that one of the unsupported payment gateways for "pay on release" is, the recently an awesome Square?! This extension, should be as the name implies! Just like when I did my recents purchase at Apple online, all "Pre-Orders" same Cart and billed as soon they where available!

Definitely this has to be updated ASAP!!! Thanks.

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We pre sell items that are sold as a kit or individually, we need this addition ASAP. Our customers buy a top and shorts more than 50% of the time as part of the pre-order. We need to keep them as separate products for a number of reasons. Please fix this ASAP.

• John Sutherland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree wholeheartedly with the comments already on here. I've just bought this and in my view it's really cumbersome in its current form, and not customer or store-owner friendly. From the age of some the comments here, it has been for some time with little sign of it being improved. I can feel a request for a refund coming on......

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only thing I need to sell WooCommerce/WordPress to my boss is at least the ability to have mutliple pre-orders per cart. (It would be absolutely FANTASTIC if it could also process in stock items in the same order, but...)

Pre-orders are a HUGE part of our business rules. We don't print the product unless it garners enough pre-orders to make it profitable. We don't charge until it ships. If it doesn't make its pre-order number, we kill the project. So ... multiple preorder items per cart encourages our customers to pre-order more items!!!!!! PLEASE?????

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

OK, I can see the logic in separating in-stock from pre-order items. However, in an industry where pre-orders are the norm, forcing customers to input pre-orders one-by-one is a business killer: it's common to give discounts for large pre-orders, something this problem makes impossible. Better for us to ask clients to send us excel sheets with their orders. Gee, thanks. Without this feature this plug-in is a complete waste of money, and my level of trust in WooCommerce is shaken.

• Oliver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree! It is really quite pathetic that woothemes / woocommerce pre-orders does not have this functionality. Unbelievable...and considering what they charge for the plugin a travesty. It's been years that they have gotten away with it and it would appear that they don't care at all for their costumers wishes or needs.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Its unfortunate they didnt think of this before. I heard that it was due to the complexity of the pre-order process. However i dont think its that hard to figure out. Pre-Order and Back-Order are almost the same in the way things should work for the customer.

• Doug Watt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For me, this is the biggest failure of WooCommerce - the inability to select only "instock" or "outofstock". Many stores are more complex these days. I can't hold everything in stock, but just because it isn't in stock right now, doesn't necessarily mean that I can't take an order and supply quickly.
    We need to have more options available: in stock, out of stock and pre order would be a good start.

Same boat here, need the cart to be able to handle multiple pre order items and in stock items as we stock some items and allow pre orders on others due to either availability or budget restraints in holding stock. This would be a huge benefit and would allow our customers to not have to make multiple checkouts for multiple items. I was pretty disappointed after i purchased and noticed this issue as it wasn't mentioned anywhere in the documentation. Please advise when this will be updated if ever as i will need to move over to another option. Thank you

This is really a pain and needs to be fixed... for a $99 dollar plugin this plugin should have been more flexible. I dont understand why the cart cannot behave in the normal manner and why it needs to be emptied out. How long do you think the customer will stay on my site when they figure out that they have to buy each pre-order and individually ?

• Antoine (archipicture) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

exactly the same comment! I do not understand why limit the number of pre-order: If the customer wants to buy 4 article, he must pay four times ... it will not, it's on!

Also, my shop is mixed: some products are in stock, and others do not. If the customer has filled his cart of products in stock and wants to buy a product for pre-order, the cart is automatically emptied. This is incoyable: client loses all his work and he will do his shopping elsewhere! Why not put a message like "you have to finish your shopping stock before placing a pre-order. Your basket should be empty for pre-order" and let them pay their items in stock. As if the cart was in command mode THEN for pre-order mode, the client should group its orders and pre-orders. It does not seem to me very complicated.

Thank you in advance for these two improvements that would use this plugin. For today, I bought it, but I can not leave!

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Pre-Orders

Feedback and Knowledge Base