How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions - option to bill sign-up fee after trial period

Give customer time to evaluate product in trial period before charging a sign-up fee. If sub is canceled, customer is not out any money and no refund has to be issued for money-back guarantee. If customer continues, sign-up fee is billed at same time as second shipment. This amounts to same functionality as enabling Stripe's one-time add-on fee for subscriptions (for which I also voted).

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Araby Greene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Zach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this option been implemented yet? We want to give our customers a 1 or 3 day free trial before charging a setup fee to start their monthly subscription. Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really hope this gets implemented - optionally even a way to make first payment higher than the rest (add additional fees to first payment after free trial)

• Felix Chi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's no point on having free trials when the customer still has to pay a signup fee. It defeats it's purpose

• Brandon Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The other thing this would be useful for is when you want to delay the charging of a card because of cycle billing.

We ship our product 2x per month. Due to credit card merchant account regulations, we are not supposed to charge our customers more than 48 hours before we ship the product. I see that there is no built in support for this kind of functionality in the Woo Subscriptions plug in (I hope it's coming soon!), but for now they recommend using a "Free Trial Period" to delay the payment to the time of the shipping date. However, we want to give customers a coupon that gives them 10% off their first order. I've set up a Cart% coupon, which works as long as I don't have a trial period but when I have a trial period on the product, it nullifies this coupon. Can anyone suggest a way to accomplish this? It seems that it would be possible if there were an option to bill the sign-up fee after the trial period.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base