How can we improve WooCommerce?

Block / Blacklist Certain Bad Customers via IP, email, etc.

The problem:
I have a few customers who are crooks and buy items, have them delivered, them open disputes with Paypal, Amazon, and Credit Card companies and claim they never got the goods and they get their money back. Paypal is the worst because even with 100% proof using tracking numbers and delivery confirmation, they still tend to side on behalf of the buyer and pull money from my account. Not cool.

The Solution:
I'd love to see a plugin that would allow me to "Blacklist" or stop certain known bad-customers from being able to checkout and place new orders. Most of these orders are placed under a guest checkout so I see this blacklist function working via IP, customer name, shipping address, or email address that's attached to the orders.

Similar to how you can blacklist spam comments under the Setting>Discussion section using keywords,IP, email addresses, etc.

I'm amazed this feature is not already part of the system, but hopefully it can be a reality soon. Thanks for your vote!

131 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chadwick Parker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Delivery proof is problematic! Several times tracking showed that the package was delevered but I never got it. This happens as some service providers mark the package as delivered when it reaches their end point and not when the customer actually get the package! In my case when the package arrives to a kiosk near my home it is mark delivered but many times I went to get my package and they didn't find it. I honestly suggest that you will solve this problem by replacing your service provider - pay more to get a signature of the customer as delivery proof!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just went thru this and in order to protect yourself you have to make sure that you have enabled the shipping address from the user showing up. If it does not show and you give them products Paypal will vote in their favor every time. It's horrible but that's what we found out today.

• David Villalpando commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also have disputes opened through Paypal but I do have merchant protection so, Im always covered by paypal if the tracking code from the shipping company shows the order has been delivered to the shipping address. Make sure your Paypal plugin is reporting the shipping address instead of billing address.

Still, this would be extremely useful. I'd love to see a little icon showing this customer has disputed previous orders.

• DSketch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a similar issue. Some customers book the order and return it when it reaches their door. Can their be features such as making it mandatory for crooked customers to pay through credit card without allowing any cancellation/refund?

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Blacklister (Beta) now available at http://tinyurl.com/nhzeftx

It's still fairly basic, but we like the idea "release early, release often", so that we can gather valuable feeback from users. :)

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Since comments seem to be filtered by some sort of censoring/antispam, let's try again: I thought I'm working on such plugin. I'm not sure how complex it will be to implement it, but any feedback and suggestion will be welcome.

• Diego Zanella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I thought I posted this comment earlier, but clearly it didn't go through. Being interested in this feature, I'm working on such plugin. I'm not sure how complex it will be to implement it, but any feedback and suggestion will be welcome.

• Diego Zanella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's a good idea, in fact I was thinking of developing such a solution. I will look into that.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes we need this option as retailers to prevent these scammers! It's a MUST!

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base