How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions to add one-time payment with a monthly subscription product.

It is very common for companies to allow a customer to pay up front for a subscription and still receive the product monthly. It would be great to have this option in the subscription plug-in. Payment settings and how often the product ships should be separate settings.

712 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jerrad Matthew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

99 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our magazine is shipped quarterly for our Yearly subscribers. Really appreciate the plugin so I really hope there's a better way to handle this.

• Yakov Shasha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a monthly subscription for a weekly newsletter and would like to be able to use the subscriptions extension to handle this.

• May commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, please add an upfront payment option with a monthly subscription product!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of people are content with using the WooCommerce search widget. They like the option to either hide or include specific products in search. But what about categories, tags, etc? Sometimes the widget just doesn’t give you the control you need. https://goo.gl/Btj99Z

• GL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the ability to seperate the pre-payment from the subscription timeline. For example we sell with 3 month payments or pre-pay in full while the actual subscription could be for 10 months of shipping a product or an annual service. this is a basic feature that is missing and needs to be added asap please.

• Ramesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have created a plugin to sell prepaid subscriptions. Interested, please let us know. I am not sure if i am allowed to post links here. You can check the plugin and its feature at flycart.org

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Heard a rumor you were going to build this in Q1. Is it in the works? Hoping to be able to switch to you but this is a deal breaking function for me.

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this functionality. We offer a discount to customers who pay annually in advance for their monthly delivery. The plug-in needs to auto-generate a monthly order for these customers. Thanks.

• Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I spend hours every month creating an excel spreadsheet for "active" subscribers that have paid for a 3 month or a 6 month plan to my monthly subscription boxes. I then spend some more time importing these cvs files to my shipping software and updating their "completed" order. Is there a simpler way that i can save time or generate new orders for these customers? Is the feature coming soon?

I vote for this times a million!

The WooCommerce suggested workaround for this isn't compatible with the Mix n Match extension so we can't even do that.

• Ramesh Elamathi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys

We have developed a plugin for this. It allows customers to make up front payment while subscribing. They can still receive the product monthly, but wont be charged on a monthly basis.

If you would like to beta test the plugin and suggest improvements, please do get in touch with me at support (at) flycart (dot) org

Thanks

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+100 to separation of the payment & shipping schedule into 2 concepts Payment Order Schedule & Product Order Schedule. Must have!!!! On different payment periods this can be achieved currently - such as weekly, month, annual payment - you can use attributes & variations to create payment variants.

This function would be perfect for gift subscriptions. People prefer to pay for a gift once and not every month but they will want it to ship to the recipient every month.

Please add this feature ASAP as it will make selling gifts (a big feature of our business) so much easier for everyone.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris

• Peter Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Spend all the money to setup my subscription store with Woo and WP and now stuck without the ability to configure shipping separately from billing. Can anyone recommend a workaround for this? Or is there another solution provider out there that can do this? Shopify? BigCommerce? I check CrateJoy but it is a hosted solution, I can't customize my store.

• Peter Nguyen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately need this function. I want to give discount to customers who pay in early in advance (prepay 3 months, 6 months or a year) but still need to ship physical product monthly.

• Craig Junghandel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Pre-paid subscriptions would provide some welcome functionality to this already great plugin. We are currently setting this up with the signup fee workaround, but that solution is quirky and far from elegant. I would be grateful for an option which allowed for customers to purchase upfront payment, fixed-length and discountable subscriptions which can be easily renewed.

• Hugh Brock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature would be very helpful for us, I'm glad to see you're working on it.

As a print+digital magazine publisher, we need customers to be able to manually renew their subscription before it expires (many of our customers will just never sign up for auto-renew). Is it likely that this feature will include that capability? It seems to go along with de-coupling the shipping schedule from the billing schedule, but it would depend how you implement it.

Thanks for the hard work, I'd really appreciate an answer to the above.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base