How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions to add one-time payment with a monthly subscription product.

It is very common for companies to allow a customer to pay up front for a subscription and still receive the product monthly. It would be great to have this option in the subscription plug-in. Payment settings and how often the product ships should be separate settings.

449 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jerrad MatthewJerrad Matthew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

58 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't believe this isn't here yet. Why is Woocommerce silent on this clearly very popular issue?

• Kate RaymondKate Raymond commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a pretty basic option to include. I want to offer a 12 month subscription, with options to pay monthly, 2-monthly or 3-monthly, to a product that is shipped weekly. Only weekly.

There is high demand for this feature!

• EnikoEniko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the bread and butter of subscription boxes, you need to be able to offer a monthly, quaterly, 6 month and yearly subscription options. Check out Cratejoy, they do a nice job of this. I ended up setting up shipping classes to make sure that I can offer these with proper shipping charges, but I had to go to a flat rate for all of my shipping for this.

I have my fulfillment using shipstation so they see the monthly orders come in from that dashboard. The current work around with the sign up fee might work operationally to have a new order come in each month but the customer facing part is confusing $sign up fee and $0/month for x months. We need to be able to have a product that sells for $x upfront with a subscription duration period that triggers a new order each month for x months.

• Bare FictionBare Fiction commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still confused as to why this isn't being commented on as a viable addition to the plugin by woocommerce devs. I sell a magazine subscription, which is of course a yearly subscription payment, but need to ship the magazine separately throughout the year. Definitely not alone in my need for this.

• LeahLeah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

New to WooCommerce and disappointed this feature is not available. In addition to a monthly option, I would like to offer customers a lower price for locking in upfront payments of 3, 6 and 12 months. So for example, the customer is charged a lower price every 3 months, 6 months or 12 months, but they are still shipped the product every month. I assumed this would be a standard feature. An update on this feature would be great. Thanks.

• Marshall StevensonMarshall Stevenson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm contemplating paying large sums to make this happen with a third-party developer. Seriously am in high need of this. Any feedback/timeline would be great.

• Rich MackeyRich Mackey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This really needs to be addressed. Been checking to see if it's in 3.0 but it doesn't appear to be. :-( You can fake it with a non-auto renewing variable product, but you can't make it work AND make the subscription auto-renew.

Desperately needed.

I need this feature too. We are a restaurant which sells weekly and monthly meal subscription.
        We need to deliver the food daily, but we will charge for the full period at the beginning of subscription.

• Mian RashidMian Rashid commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I vote for this cos our subscription plan is shipping the product each month for 3 months than after 2 months for unlimited period...

• Richard EllisonRichard Ellison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is so key for so many subscriptions. Is it really that difficult to add in a feature of 'pay monthly receive quarterly' for example??

• mattmikullamattmikulla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please integrate payment up front for multiple renewal cycles.

We need to offer a year at a discount for a quarterly subscription but still need to generate the quarterly orders in our system for the customer and shipping.

I need to charge customers weekly but ship monthly or quarterly or half yearly or yearly

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base