How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions to add one-time payment with a monthly subscription product.

It is very common for companies to allow a customer to pay up front for a subscription and still receive the product monthly. It would be great to have this option in the subscription plug-in. Payment settings and how often the product ships should be separate settings.

874 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jerrad Matthew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

116 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Twan, I tried the gifting subscription plugin and it was not ready for prime time. There are many issues. Primarily, it does not update the shipping address when the recipient adds it. It also doesn't let you know when a subscription is a regular subscription or a gifted one. You would have to manually check each order one by one. That said, I'm not sure why you think those plugins would be a good substitute for the issues of having payments and recurring orders processed separately.

• Ramesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just wanted to share a good news.

WooCommerce Pre-paid / Upfront payment plugin now supports shipping cost, synchronised renewals.

You can take the pre-paid period's shipping cost along with the subscription cost. Example: If a customer pays 6 months upfront for a monthly subscription, you can take the 6 month's shipping cost of the product as well.

Similarly, if you use synchronised renewals, woocommerce does not charge when customer purchases in a different date. If you implement upfront payment, then the customer will be charged upfront. When his upfront / pre-paid period ends, he will be returned to the normal billing cycle (to the synchronised renewal date).

Just google for "flycart woocommerce prepaid subscriptions". I am not allowed to share a link here ;-)

Hope the plugin helps you.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@woocommerce, when is version 2.3 ready of WC subscriptions? In teh roadmap its been in active development for quite some time now and this will solve a lot of customers issues stated below as it will include a way to charge the full recurring payments for a synchronized subscription product at the time of sign-up

• Derher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A few months ago (or more) they implemented pending cancellation that helped us for this issue

• Twan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey! Has anyone looked at Woocommerce Pre-paid subscriptions plugin or Gifting for Woocommerce subscriptions? These might solve some of your challenges. Would love to hear your experience with these plugins

• Kate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need to be able to charge every 4 weeks but deliver every week!!!

This request is five years old, has nearly 800 votes when it was said 150 votes would get it attention and it's STILL not available!!!

We want this!!!

Today there is an update, but again no solution for this. This one time payment for monthly subscriptions is very important in my shops. Selling physical goods (cheese) and also gifted subscriptions and every week there are the same questions "why can't we pay all in one time?). We are working with table rate shipping plugin from markedplace. A one time payment with 3 time shipment must contain 3 times product and 3 times shipment costs. And with this option a subscription could paid with every payment gateway. The first order contain the full amount and the next orders are just zero.

But - because there is still no solution - this feature is not possible to build with woocommerce subscriptions.

I need a one payment and multiple posting option. Eg. paid for the product, and the product consist of 4 different postings, each postings are 2 weeks apart

I would like a one-time payment option for a lifetime subscription. Since my product is downloadable, there are no recurring costs, and the customer gets the satisfaction of knowing he will get updates for life. Using a sign-up fee with no recurring charge as a workaround doesn't work. It removes the option of a free trial, and it still sends out reminder emails for $0.00.

Yes, I could add yet another product, but then it won't appear on the variable subscription drop down menu, and it doesn't address the free trial issue.

• Alex Baker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case, we want to offer quarterly and annual payment plans for a product that ships on a rolling quarterly basis. For example, if you signed up in June, we'd ship your first order in June, then we'd ship a additional orders in September, then January, then April. The problem right now is if I signed up for Annual, only one order would be created (for June), but no order would be created until the following June. So ideally, we would be able to schedule order creation independently of the payment schedule.

• Lukas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I’ve seen lots of ideas here and all of them make sense, somehow, of course. But why not just do two changes to the plugin and solve all the problems? First a subscription should be completly independent from any product. It should be like a container and second renewal date and payment date should be seperated. So I can create a container with renewal date weekly every Wednesday and a payment date monthly every first Wednesday. And than I can add all available products to that container. This works for any scenario. If customer wants to switch date or interval, he must switch the ‘container’. Wouldnt that be great? And also, maybe the next five containers could always be visible for the customer in the backend, so he can easily skip one or add non-recurring additional pruducts that he only wants once to a certain delivery...

• Ramesh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have created a plugin for one-time payment option for a monthly subscription product. It is called WooCommerce Prepaid Subscription.

I guess i am not allowed to add a link here. You can search for the plugin anyway :-)

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, up to more than 700 votes now! This seems like a totally necessary feature. I imagine anyone selling a physical, monthly product needs this!

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this function so that we can a pay up front for a subscription feature. I have a client needing this and we are using the workaround for now.

Can the developer provide an update for this? I see it's on the feature roadmap for version 2.3, which I anticipated by march of 2018, and it hasn't been released yet. We have had our business launch on hold since November, waiting for this feature. Any rough ETA you can provide would help.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our magazine is shipped quarterly for our Yearly subscribers. Really appreciate the plugin so I really hope there's a better way to handle this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base