How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions to add one-time payment with a monthly subscription product.

It is very common for companies to allow a customer to pay up front for a subscription and still receive the product monthly. It would be great to have this option in the subscription plug-in. Payment settings and how often the product ships should be separate settings.

1,052 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jerrad Matthew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

133 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JB commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please, trying to manage 3500 subscribers without this is a pain.

• DJ Porter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this bad. I operate a weekly home service and bill my customers monthly. I need to have a weekly service order generated for all active subscribers.

• Tony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Someone mentioned that they are temporarily renewing subscriptions at zero? How is this done? Do you just renew the subscription with the same official renewal date? For now I use spreadsheets and upload the customer orders to shipping software but that is a huge pain and would love easier ideas until the developers bring this feature.

• Arnaud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be fine as an option. If it could also work during the trial period it would be great. The billing and delivery options should be separated and the deliveries for a given period to be exported.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We not only need this option but also the ability to bill on a fixed day of the week and "ship" on a separate fixed day of the week. (We are a meal subscription program and have folks order a week in advance for deliveries the following week)

We would love to have this option with the flexibility of picking your own shipment schedule from a one time upfront payment.

• Adam Trickey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We too could use this feature.

For customers who pay annually for a monthly subscription product, it would be ideal if a monthly order could be auto-generated with a special status such as 'prepaid'.

Right now the orders are sent to ShipStation for fulfillment, but there's not a means of generating the monthly shipping labels for those customer who pay annually.

This would be amazing! Trying to realise a discount on a yearly subscription with an upfront payment but monthly shipping... this one feature would simplify things so much!

This feature would be a real asset to my company.
        I sell my monthly box either monthly or 3,6 or 12 months prepaid.
        Having to renew the order at 0.00 each month is painful.
        Would be easier to just add a new shipment date and it automatically add a new number to the end of the subscription i.e #737.2 for box 2 and create a new order for it

• Levi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

btw you can use subscription exporter in the meantime that way you get all active and pending cancellation subscriptions

• DAVID N KRIDLER commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A one-time payment with a monthly (or perhaps even semi-monthly in the case of consumable products dependent on freshness) subscription is highly important. I sell freshly roasted coffee, if someone purchases an annual subscription, I can't send them a year's worth of coffee at once, as the product would deteriorate far too quickly.

Please implement this solution as soon as possible!

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please allow a custom shipping schedule that is not dependent on the renewal. Adding all these customers manually without order details is a pain.

• PKI commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are selling a quarterly magazine with subscriptions for one year. The current implementation of the Subscriptions plugin simply doesn't work for our use case.

Please separate billing cyle from shipping cycle and let us generate an order for each shiping cycle.

Thanks!

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base