How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions to add one-time payment with a monthly subscription product.

It is very common for companies to allow a customer to pay up front for a subscription and still receive the product monthly. It would be great to have this option in the subscription plug-in. Payment settings and how often the product ships should be separate settings.

980 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jerrad Matthew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

127 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Henzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Oh wow - I just assumed this would already be included as part of a $200 plug-in, since it's such a popular way of doing things now! There's no way I can wait more than 12 months for this feature. Hoping there was a money-back guarantee!

• Brent Shepherd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi folks,

We are aware of this request and keeping a close eye on it.

Feature requests normally need at least 150 votes before we guarantee they will make it onto the roadmap.

In the case of this feature request, the votes have been split across at least 5 different requests, including:

* 38 votes here: http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/7043649
        * 20 votes here: http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/8506522
        * 9 votes here: http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/7509658
        * 3 votes here: http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/7046166

Combined with the 57 votes on this request, that means this feature is getting very close to the 150 mark. We also understand the importance of this issue for some stores preferred model for selling so are taking that into consideration.

At this stage, it's likely this feature will be included in v2.2 or v2.3 of Subscriptions. It's too soon to provide an ETA on either of those versions. That means it's unlikely the feature will be available within the next 12 months, but it will be available eventually.

We have a pretty good idea of how to implement this, but if you have unique requirements not mentioned already in the comments here or the other requests above, please post them in a new comment.

Brent

• Pj Foley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've seen the workaround for this as proposed in the documentation, and it just has too many downsides. I, like I'm sure many others do, would like to be able to charge a discounted rate for a customer that pre-pays for a year, yet received shipped goods monthly/quarterly/etc.
        Furthermore, having the option to generate a pro-rated refund on unused subscription shipments would be required. This extension is very robust and sophisticated, but this is an unfortunate limitation--and was an unanticipated one at that. This is a very common arrangement for retailers to provide.

• Naomi Spirit-Hawthorne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential for my client. I expect as they grow it will become unmanageable and they will at some point need to consider an alternate.

• Dietmar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There should be an extension for WooCommerce Sbuscription for one-time-payment in combination with table-rate shipping. So final the initial order must contain as example 6 times of product and 6 times of delivery as one time payment. And then 5 times of zero-order just with the products to print a packing list.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I double this request. We are facing this issue now with wanting to charge an up front cost for a monthly shipped item. I've been communicating with support about this and all I receive is 'currently that is not possible.' There are many other ecommerce platforms that can separate billing from order processing but this is one big area where WooCommerce Subscriptions falls short.

In my mind this would be easy to integrate, but apparently it is not. Since it is not possible for subscriptions to show under the orders page unless there's some sort of billing associated, ie. The subscription would show up under orders only on the first month when initially purchased. There must be a way to show subsequent months (not associated with billing) to show up in the orders page each month. That way us store managers, can effectively use the orders page and other extensions, such as the shipment tracking extension, to process all shipments from one page each month. Also customers are clueless about their monthly orders. For the first month, they receive an email for the completed order with shipping tracking info. For the other months, NOTHING! They wonder whats going on or we aren't processing it. So to circumvent this, we have to use a spreadsheet and an external email template to let them know their order is processed. HUGE waste of time.

If this feature is truly not possible, we may be forced to move away from woocommerce. There's a 30-day money back guarantee on the hundred of dollars we spent on plugins right?

1 2 3 4 5 7 Next →

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base