How can we improve WooCommerce?

3 tier subscriptions

Accommodate for 3 payment levels so first month the customer pays $29.99, for the 2nd month they pay $19.99 and then every month after that they pay only $9.99, for example.

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Pysiu shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this too. 1st year 49.- after 5 years 29.-. this would be exactly what i need!

• Jason Bass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even a 2 tier option would work for us... we want to charge $19.99 for the first 3 months and then $29.99 per month thereafter.

• Rich Mackey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was buried in the product description on subscriptions - and solves our problem (we need to charge every 6-months or every 3-months but generate a $0 renewal order every month for our fulfillment house).

I still upvoted this because it would be a great feature.

"If the subscription has a sign-up fee, the customer will not be charged the sign-up fee to resubscribe to the subscription because they have already paid the sign-up fee for the original subscription. The exception to this is when the subscription has a $0 recurring total. Subscriptions assumes you are shipping physical products on a different schedule to the payment schedule and using the sign-up fee to charge the full amount of the subscription up front."

• Callum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having 3 tier or more options for subscriptions would be awesome. Please introduce this feature!

• Emanuel Costa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In our case, what we would like to see and probably will code ourselves is pretty simple. We have a Free Trial (Day 1) then on Day 10 we charge the monthly subscription minus the sign up fee. Then on Day 30 we charge the regular subscription price. For example:
        Day 1: $3.99. Day 10: $19.00 Day 30 (and every 30 days thereafter): $22.99

• Michael Samson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wanted to add that Brent has thought of this before, as it's mentioned in the Subscriptions documentation. He asked people to vote for it if they wanted the feature.

Take a look:
        http://docs.woothemes.com/document/subscriptions/faq/#section-37

I think this is a very important sales tool for subscriptions, and should definitely be added. Brent mentioned using the sign-up fee as a "tier," but that's not the same since those fees are charged up-front. They key aspect for this is being able to customize the length of time each pricing tier should last. We should be able to set each tier up to 24 months, to at least match the current term limit.

~ Michael

www.DigitalRage.com

• Michael Samson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essentially what we are looking for as well. What is really needed is extended functionality to the existing subscription term feature.

Right now you can set a subscription to last for a certain amount of time at a certain price. After that time has elapsed, the subscription ends. What I would propose is that you can set up multiple time-dependent pricing tiers. For example, you could have a subscription initially set for $99/month for a 1 year term, and after that year the subscription would then go to $50/month for the second year, and so on.

All that is truly needed here is to add tiers to the existing term functionality, so that the pricing can degrade as desired. This would be particularly useful for us, as we have subscriptions that cover certain costs for two years, and after that time cover fewer things. This feature would allow us to keep customer's subscriptions active without them overpaying.

~ Michael

www.DigitalRage.com

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base