How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce should have the ability to ship from multiple locations!

Many companies have different fulfillment centers around the country, some produce and ship A and some produce and ship B. there should be away to integrate this into the shipping costs...

110 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Strauss shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

21 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's 2019, and I'm yet to find a basic solution for multiple ship-from locations. The premium plugins which offer this functionality are too advanced for our need, they seem suited best for use with an eBay-type eCommerce setup where sellers can register to sell products on-site, or for stores with dozens-hundreds of dropship vendors. I simply need the ability to set an origin zip/postal code per-product, I do not need automated dropship supplier notification emails and invoice, or any of that extra functionality. Just the ability to override our default zip specified in the UPS/USPS/FedEx plugins, and we'll be set! $99+ for a plugin which will be 10% utilized is not justifiable.

• Thomas Jung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a warehouse in Atlanta (for Product A) and another warehouse in Cleveland (for Product B). My ShipStation software allows me to select which warehouse I ship from. I really can't believe that WooCommerce doesn't allow you to map a product to a warehouse. I'm no programmer, but it would seem you could easily assign a Shipping Class to a warehouse and have that Shipping Class passed to ShipStation when quoting a price in the shopping cart. You would just need to map the Shipping Class to a valid ShipStation ship from location.

I'm really surprised this isn't part of the base code. I can only imagine how many WooCommerce sellers use multiple Ship From locations.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am actually amazed to hear that WooCommerce does not have this functionality built in. Please please let's see some solutions added to this thread

Unfortunately Woocommerce still has not resolved this. And I am not sure it is in any of there near update plans. Considering the initial post was submitted in 2013, and just last week, March 2017, I am told clearly they do not have it but I can submit the idea on this site. Definitely feel like Daniel Lewis, I knew I wasn't the only one. Even when selling big name brands they recommend using different distribution centers in case one of them is out. That is an industry standard. Most likely WooCommerce prefers not to add these kind of "extra" features so they can make an extension that you have to buy seperately. Can't be mad at them, it's their business.

From what I noticed so far, Products are linked to shipping classes, shipping classes are only linked to flat rates, but not to any other shipping methods (UPS, FEDEX, etc.). Shipping methods allow you to enter the ship from location, which then seems like a super simple setup to allow linking of different shipping classes to different shipping methods and Vuala!

But NO!

• Daniel Lewis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I knew I could not be the first person to have this issue, I need to be able to select Flat rate from one location and fedex from the others, I set up shipping classes but it just breaks if you try and order from both, this should be so simple yet its so maddening. At least make it so that if I select shipping class a it is attached to fedex and shipping class b is flat rate but even that does not work!

• Keith Brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, a drop ship option is definitely needed! Another issue is lot of products ship in more than one box and there is no way to calculate the correct shipping costs. It is really a problem if we have to ship a single SKU that contains several boxes by 1,2 or 3-day air.

I agree!! This is beyond frustrating! I need the ability to let fedex calculate shipping from more than one shipping location. With some items drop shipped and others shipped locally, I have no way to calculate shipping for customers. Ugh.

• Beau Nordby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Here's our client's scenario:

They have a west coast (CA) and an east coast (VA) fulfillment center. We want to setup shipping regions to base the shipping costs on the ship-out location of a particular fulfillment center. i.e. VA to FL costs less than CA to FL.

I like the idea of being able to setup various fulfillment centers (drop ship locations) and then apply any one of those to a particular product. Which would then work with the shipping tables to calculate the cost.

• Brian Greenberg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree on this. I need the drop ship functionality badly. I need to be able to specify a supplier for each item.
    I've seen many shopping carts with integrations to https://www.ordoro.com/ for dropshipping.
    Order e-mails are sent to each supplier automatically so they can dropship the order.
    You can take a look at how https://www.ordoro.com/ works to build something similar.

This feature would be great if it could be built as a woo extension. So we don't have to pay for a third party system.

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Category - Shipping Methods

Feedback and Knowledge Base