How can we improve WooCommerce?

Bulk edit price for variable products

It should be possible to bulk edit price for multiple variable products.

Currently this is impossible and does not make any sense, because using any kind of product parameter basically renders you unable to use bulk edit feature, which basically means that if you are having a sale you have to manually edit all of your products, which is a tedious task for larger shops.

47 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Christopher Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been looking for a fix to the same problem myself. I'd like to add a price to each of the terms of an attribute. I'm making custom oil paintings, and each size will have its own price. My attribute is "size", and each of the terms are "11x14 inches", "16x20 inches", 18x24 inches", etc. When I add a new product, I add all these attributes as product variations, but then have to manually add the price to each variation. It's a step I could avoid if the attribute terms already had prices set in them.

Plus, then I could update them all globally by changing the price in the original attribute, and it would update every single product. Otherwise, I have to go to each product and manually update the price of each product variation, and it will take days just to do one price update (which would take seconds if I could change it in the attribute window).

I've seen this request several times now, has anyone found a solution for it?

• Daniel Collin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really love to see this. Running variable products is simply impossible at the moment because of the amount of effort I have to put down adjusting prices on every single item.

• LogoLogics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, now we can only bulk edit prices of non variable products. We need one that makes it possible to edit them with variation in bulk. like add sale price to the whole cluster.

For now I only seem to find one extention of a third party that offers this "Woocommerce Bulk variations manager" but seems to me this should be standard in Woocommerce?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am currently developing an add-on for woocommerce to add this functionality, i will let you know when it is complete

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base