How can we improve WooCommerce?

Option to show both ex VAT and inc VAT prices on product pages

If your sales are mainly B2B ( like mine are ) then prices should always be shown ex VAT/GST. However here in the UK if you want to list products with Google shopping then you need to show the product prices including VAT.

If I change all my prices to include VAT then business customers will be put off my the higher costs, they most likely not realise that they can knock 20% off the costs. My competitors have cart systems that show both. This should be an option within the woocommerce settings so business and retail customers know exactly what they will be paying when they view a product, rather than having to add to cart and then view cart.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Robbie Ewing shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
declined  ·  AdminMike Jolley (Admin, WooCommerce) responded  · 

WC > Settings > Tax has a suffix option which allows you to add an addition price as a suffix. You can add the price inc/excl tax to this area. See the tooltip for available placeholders.

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jeremi Roivas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, I need to show both prize ranges as excluding and including tax prize range as I sell to both business and inviduals. Please allow in woocommerce to decide these options at tax:

1. Show prizes excluidng tax
    2. Show prizes incluidng tax
    3. Show both prizes a) first excluding b) including as first prize
    4. Allow add custom text after Tax Prices both including and excluding separately Since in FInland it is ALV and in english it is VAT and so on. In finalnd We use Alviton as ALV excluded. ANd we Use "sis. ALV" as ALV included.

Apply these settings to all prizes in woocommerse, and for variaton prize range which dont change at all atm even if is setup prizes including tax the variation prize range is excluidng tax.

• Thibault de Changy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This looks right. But WHEN was this post created ?? Is it normal having a support thread without dates ?

Please add dates to your system. this is far from serious to forget such elements.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any way we can create a enter in this field? We would like to show the Incl VAT price below the Excl VAT price

Any update on this simple requirement for UK companies using Google Shopping?

• Russ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

completely agree - this improvement should be part of the core woo commerce function - we use Google Shopping and the current options are unsatisfactory...

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. In WooCommerce Settings, where it says 'Display Prices in the Shop', we currently have two dropdown options: (1) Excluding Tax (2) Including Tax. We need a third option: Excluding AND Including Tax'. This would surely be a small change. It's mandatory for all of us who use Google Shopping so I don't think we should have to resort to manually editing the template to achieve this.

This point is something I am working on as well. There are many topics on forums but no one has the perfect solution. It would be great if Woocommerce made a solution for this within the plugin.

Completely agree with this point and add that if your sales are mainly B2B ( like mine are ) then prices should always be shown ex VAT/GST. However here in the UK if you want to list products with Google Shopping then you need to show the products including VAT. My competitors have cart systems that show both, this should be an option within the woocommerce settings.

Provide an option whereby the product pricing GST status (exclusive or inclusive), is displayed on all relevant shop pages (product etc).

For those of us who have a mix of individuals and businesses purchasing our products, this is essential to avoid confusion up front. If you price GST exclusive, individuals get annoyed when they get to the cart and find tax is added. If you price GST inclusive, businesses see what they consider as an uncompetitive price and don't even get as far as the cart.

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base