How can we improve WooCommerce?

Quantity for bookable products

It should be possible to add quantity to bookable products.

We are booking stage equipment. Currently the user can't select how many of the same product he or she wants.
What if they want to book/rent four microphones and two monitors?

Currently our customers are not able to rent two or more of the same product.
I know I can add resources, but we have dynamic pricing on all of our products.

259 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Stig Arne shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

26 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using persons to stand in for product quantity works to a point as other have said, and we can use it for our workshop to keep track of booked hours for different service jobs, counted against the qauntity set as available in the linked Workshop hours resource. But what we really need to make this work properly is to be able to set quantity by Range for the resource (because available hours can change week to week) and also set a product to require more than one resource type (so product requires any of resources a - g AND any of h - n, for example).

So yes please have a look at sorting quantity out - not just for the product in total, but also for the way that product can require multiple resources, and the way those resources can manage quantity variability.

• Erika Crastz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was able to add persons type in order to show the total price of a bookable **** par number of person (Changing of course Persons par # of seats available par session).

The problem is in the cart view :

- PRICE : Total price (instead of individual price)
        - QUANTITY : 1 (instead of actual number of persons)
        - TOTAL : Total price (ok)

The current setting could create customer confusion and it doesn't have the ability to change the quantity directly from the cart as it is possible with regular products.

This will be a great update to make this extension more functional and shopper friendly :)

• Mohammed Abedin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Under availability you change the number for max bookings per block to whatever number you have available for booking

• Joey Moto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can do this by using "has persons" and then set all the options in the corresponding tab as well as activate person types and then rename person type to quantity of whatever.

Of course this is just a workaround, since in "shopping cart" it shows up as "amount: 1" but the article details itself will say the correct number.

Also: The texts and translations will refer to "persons" which might customers make scratch their heads.

So: Yes, a "quantity" type would be advantageous.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be amazing! I'm building a website for a tattoo artist where people can book pre-made designs, but each design can only be booked once.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It works with renaming persons - but you will have amount twice on the order and it looks odd. This feature would be really helpful...

• ivan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

inserendo l'opzione persone e mettendo il flag su moltiplica costo per numero di persone, effettivamente funziona come una quantità, ma rimane confusionario per il cliente che legge persone anzi che quantità, sarebbe possibile cambiare il nome del tasto da persone a quantità?

• Karl-Petter Åkesson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been experimenting again with persons and now it seems to work as expected. By adding Person type and name it Amount or similar and then set the minimum and maximum to the same numbers as both for person and Availability I got this to work as I wanted.

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It can be done with resources and persons, although you have no real stock management. I vote for it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i am setting up a very simple adventure school, people can book a tandemskydive. But now they can not book two tandems on the same time, without leaving the calendar page, and they can not see when timeslots are available. After questons about this WC pointed to this page. I am stil disapointed and a bit confused that this is not possible in a booking plugin, these a basic features. So Please, please please fix this!!!!!!

• kees78 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a hotel booking site and we use resources (roomtypes) as well as person types (children, adults etc.). I think this is a sound idea, after all it is normal with woocommerce that you can quantify the amounts of products so why not with a bookable product? It would help me a lot!

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base