How can we improve WooCommerce?

Subscriptions - Enhanced Coupon Support for Active Subscriptions

Once a user has an active subscription not much can currently be done in the form of coupons/discounts. It would be nice to have the ability to do any of the below:

- Allow the user to apply coupons to his active subscription giving either another 1 time discount or additional subscription time
- Allow users to gift free subscription time to other users which could then be applied to an active subscription
- Redeem points for additional subscription time for an active subscription
- Allow store credit to be used as payment method on more than the initial billing cycle

Current workarounds:
1. Store owner manually changing the next payment could be used as a way to give a user some additional subscription time
2. Cancelling a subscription then applying the coupons when renewing (user would have to wait until the end of their billing cycle to do this as renewing early results in them getting charged again immediately)

159 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I see they haven't bothered. No, Smart Coupons isn't flexible enough to provide this sort of functionality. Its all about sign up - they don't do anything with existing subscriptions.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like this too. Being able to award existing subscribers for referrals and loyalty seems like it would be very important to many subscription businesses.

• Sudheer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, It would be great if its enable to allow Subscription to pay from all available Gateways done while initial subscription creation. ex: i paid through Wallet or credits..then it should create order and pay through Credit System.

• Everly Everyday commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

looking for the same features as @andrew and @chris.

we really need this - it is a huge part of our growth plan: reward our subscribers for referring their friends with coupon codes for discounts. if they cannot access those coupon codes on their future subscription orders, then this plan will not work.

see: http://ideas.woothemes.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/4439452-refer-a-friend-earn-free-subscription-time

thanks!

• andrew vaught commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@chris have you come up with another solution for this? I'd love to connect and discuss.
        twitter: @stayroastedjava

• andrew vaught commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe I am seeking the same functionality as these two others who have posted. I need the ability to do the following.

- I (the subscriber) gets a coupon code in my email
        - I log into my account page and next to my active subscription I can enter my discount code
        - The value of that discount code (either in percentage or dollar amount) get applied to the next billing cycle of my subscription

Notes:
        - This opens up so many new avenues including rewarding current subscribers for referring new subscribers!
        - I would gladly pay for someone to build this custom for me. It would probably be cheaper than having to switch to another recurring billing solution.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of - Allow the user to apply coupons to his active subscription giving either another 1 time discount or additional subscription time
        - Allow users to gift free subscription time to other users which could then be applied to an active subscription
        - Redeem points for additional subscription time for an active subscription
        - Allow store credit to be used as payment method on more than the initial billing cycle

I am mostly looking to be able to offer the following for a product based subscription site:

1. Current user shares coupon link to perspective customer
        2. Perspective customer gains automatic discount on initial purchase
        3. Current customer receives a discount when perspective customer purchases in the form of a credit applied at next billing cycle

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base