How can we improve WooCommerce?

Recurring Bookings, with Reschedule feature

I'm currently using Birchpress for my bookings with WooCommerce. I've only stayed with them because they have promised a recurring booking feature. However, they don't seem like they are going to develop this feature anytime soon, so if you would develop this recurring function, I'd be more than happy to switch over.

I run a school, where we do private tutoring. Clients sign up for a time slot and they have their class the same day and same time every week. It is impossible for us to manually enter every client, every week. We very much need to have a recurring booking, where we can add a client indefinitely and assign them to a staff member, as well as a room.

In addition, it would be great to see 1. A rescheduling function, where clients or staff can reschedule an appointment one time, or for all future events, just like google calendar does. It would also be nice to see a limit on the number or reschedulings a client is allowed to make 2. Integration with subscriptions - since our clients pay a monthly fee, they should be charged like a subscription to have access to the reschedule and scheduling features.

387 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jason S. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

30 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the exact same issue as Jason S,it's four years since his post as WooCommerce don't appear interested (Birchpress also have not immediate plans either) could anyone suggest the best alternative ?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When will the feature of allowing users to update their own bookings come into play?

• ETNA Centre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately, this feature is not going to be coming to WooCommerce Bookings any time soon. I've just had my third chat in as many months with one of the WooCommerce support team. Despite this being the No3 most requested feature for Bookings, I've been told the following:

"...we talked to product development, and they told us the same thing we've been telling you. We will not work on this in the short-term. We have no timeline for when we will work on this."

I'm afraid this ideas board is pretty much being ignored for product development prioritisation. So if you still have a need for the recurring bookings feature, perhaps you might create a support ticket and tell the support team direct just how upset you are that 4 years since Jason S shared this idea, and 324 votes later (at time of writing), nothing has been done about it.

• ETNA Centre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We first started using Woocommerce Bookings more than 2 years ago and I asked for this feature back then and was told it was on the roadmap. Still nothing. :( Your blurb on the product page says it's on the roadmap but when are we going to see it developed. Absolutely essential for a complete switch to online room booking for our non-profit community venue.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really Essential I think but I'm finding this such a hard feature to find in any system despite the importance

• Trent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would take it to the next level. Had to take a client to an entirely different solution outside of WooCommerce.

• dariush Ojabonian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The very important feature that should be there..
        Our Client wants to plan weekly appointments like the one below with the ability of payments:
        Every week on these days:
        saturday, monday, wednesday 17:00-19:00 during a month (ex. march)
        The bookable block for purchase can be every 30 mins. It means every 30 mins costs 100$ for example.

• Eivind commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It should work for rescheduling physical goods too in case of e.g. vacation but not wanting to have to wait 3 months for a new shipment if you suspended and every thoird month is your shipping interval. For me who is into consumer goods this is crucial. Someone may want their product sooner if they ran out or even delay a week or two if they have too much.

• TOTLD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have multiple clients who would love to use this extension but require recurring bookings. So far I have one client who is using Bookings and loves it, but even they would benefit from the introduction of recurring bookings.

This is surely a must-have for any booking-related extension...I see it is listed as "on the roadmap" but it has been this way for over two years now. Please consider it sooner than later! It would make the extension vastly more versatile.

• Beth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anyone wants a little help with this I have done it for booking courses on a single date or for a 6 week term. You can see it here, http://pedalabikeaway.co.uk/product/full-term-little-fodders-winter/ Although fully booked you can still book some of the individual sessons.

If I get some use case understanding I will create a plugin for it. Please feel free to email me, Beth hello@doitsimply.co.uk

• webresults commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to book appointments on Tuesday at 2PM and Thursday at 8 PM, for 5 weekly recurrences. I also need to be able to assigned a resource to the recurring block or to individual appointments.

alternatively I'd like to be able to select 10 dates and times on a resource calendar.

• Elisabeth Flores commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature also. The system could allow someone to be able to pick "Saturday" and then pick the "Length" for how many weeks they want that running.
        Otherwise the process to enter a recurring booking 52 times is just too tedious.
        If this is in the plan for WooCommerce Bookings, can you please notify an ETA?

← Previous 1

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base