Recurring Bookings, with Reschedule feature

I’m currently using Birchpress for my bookings with WooCommerce. I’ve only stayed with them because they have promised a recurring booking feature. However, they don’t seem like they are going to develop this feature anytime soon, so if you would develop this recurring function, I’d be more than happy to switch over.

I run a school, where we do private tutoring. Clients sign up for a time slot and they have their class the same day and same time every week. It is impossible for us to manually enter every client, every week. We very much need to have a recurring booking, where we can add a client indefinitely and assign them to a staff member, as well as a room.

In addition, it would be great to see 1. A rescheduling function, where clients or staff can reschedule an appointment one time, or for all future events, just like google calendar does. It would also be nice to see a limit on the number or reschedulings a client is allowed to make 2. Integration with subscriptions – since our clients pay a monthly fee, they should be charged like a subscription to have access to the reschedule and scheduling features.

Author

Current Status

Open

Last updated: May 31, 2014

50 comments

1. ross.aylmer says:

From a service providing business I would recommend this is looked at to improve user experience for all companies using woocommerce

2. sheerlingstore says:

same issue i have published this on my site https://www.shearlingstore.com

3. shaunpalmer says:

It sounds like you are looking for a plugin or solution that allows you to create recurring bookings with a rescheduling feature and integration with subscriptions. There are several WordPress plugins that offer these features, such as WooCommerce Subscriptions

WooCommerce Subscriptions is a plugin that allows you to create and manage products with recurring payments, such as subscriptions. It integrates with WooCommerce and provides a variety of options for setting up and managing recurring payments, including the ability to offer free trials and sign-up fees. You can use this plugin to create subscriptions for your tutoring services, and allow clients to reschedule their appointments as needed.

I hope this information is helpful.

4. r3mx says:

To make it so customers have complete control over their booking would be fantastic!

5. jerilin says:

Need to be able to set available bookings for a class like “Every other Thursday” OR “The 1st of every month” This is detrimental.

6. Freddie Fox says:

That would be an interesting feature if you can add it.

7. Marc says:

Not a single word from Automattic in 6 years and 550 votes.. Votes are just from people who know about wooideas and take the time to come here: many more are frustrated by these missing features.. Come on WC, at least say something!

8. Marco says:

Its absolutly crazy that this STILL isn’t available 7 Years down the Road

9. Andrew Evans says:

It would be great if we could select a number of dates per booking. For instance a course that runs on a Friday for 5 weeks, or can be 5 days in a row.

10. Roy. F says:

An absolute must have feature out of the box. Very surprised its not coded in there already. This is a must have feature for me. I am using woocommerce bookings but had to purchase another plugin as an add-on not to happy about that. Any way please get the Recurring Bookings, with Reschedule feature in there woowhoo!!!!

11. Anonymous says:

This needs to happen, but it’s obvious despite a tremendous number of votes that the team has decided the customer base is going to be ignored. Come on guys, make this happen.

12. Anonymous says:

Why is this getting ignored?

13. Agata Szybowska says:

SIX F YEARS this has been ignored?
    Not to mention, this idea which is also top ten, is kind of the same anyway: https://ideas.woocommerce.com/forums/133476-woocommerce/suggestions/5963757-block-bookings-on-woocommerce-bookings
    so all together this is by far the most demanded functionality 🙂

14. Alice Boogert says:

This feature would really make a lot of difference for my business. Please consider this for 2021 planning. Thanks

15. Rob Record says:

In my use case, I would need recurring bookings to tie into the Subscriptions plugin for a recurring booking that does not expire until manually cancelled; just as with repeating appointments in an electronic calendar.

As it stands, this is an obvious addition to the plugin that would enhance its value greatly. 543 votes and 6 years, it’s got to be time!

I’m looking forward to Ben Robert’s plugin version 2 (bouncingsprout recurring bookings), which I hope can do this for WooCommerce Bookings. Otherwise I will have to revert to Tyche software’s booking plugin.

16. asasasas says:

hi

17. Luke Lindberg says:

We need this functionality as well, including integration with Subscriptions for billing.

We have a horse farm where people should be able to sign up for weekly lessons at a recurring day and time each week, but then be billed monthly on the 15th of each month.

Right now it seems a partial workaround will be to make a subscriptions product to setup the monthly billing that then gives you access and a coupon code to “purchase” the Booking Product for no additional cost… but this still doesn’t solve the need to make that bookable product recurring without expiration, until the subscription product is cancelled.

18. Lungu Andrei says:

YUP for this!

Recurring Bookings!

19. Vincent says:

This is a must have feature for me. you have my vote. I currently have woocommerce bookings but had to purchase another plugin as an add-on

20. Beth says:

I have created a plugin to do this. I am just tidying up some of the functionality, but would love more people to test it.

You can see my write up on how to do it yourself here, http://doitsimply.co.uk/how-to-create-reoccurring-boookings-with-woocommerce/

If you would like to test the plugin for me, please get in touch.

21. Rowan says:

PLEASE ADD 🙂 xxxxx

22. Amber Nicole Cannan says:

Please add this ASAP!

23. ETNA Centre says:

Unfortunately, this feature is not going to be coming to WooCommerce Bookings any time soon. I’ve just had my third chat in as many months with one of the WooCommerce support team. Despite this being the No3 most requested feature for Bookings, I’ve been told the following:

“…we talked to product development, and they told us the same thing we’ve been telling you. We will not work on this in the short-term. We have no timeline for when we will work on this.”

I’m afraid this ideas board is pretty much being ignored for product development prioritisation. So if you still have a need for the recurring bookings feature, perhaps you might create a support ticket and tell the support team direct just how upset you are that 4 years since Jason S shared this idea, and 324 votes later (at time of writing), nothing has been done about it.

24. Anonymous says:

When will the feature of allowing users to update their own bookings come into play?