How can we improve WooCommerce?

Automatically calculate variation prices

Each attribute used for a variation has a value, so does the base product. When creating all variations, its them a manual task to calculate with a calculator the variation price then add to the sale price.
It would be far easier if an attribute differential price could be set, then this used to calculate the variation price with link all variations. It is currently a maintenance nightmare. This method could also be used to easily update prices, if for example only one element of the price changes such a the price of one attribute.

29 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Len W shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to be able to set a discount percentage on a product level to quickly add or update the sales price of a multi-variation item. It's just very time consuming to go into each variation and change the sales price.

• Dana commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue, please help us add pricing for terms of variation and it will all add up to a product total price when this variation and term is selected in all products, it will make maintenance much more easier

I used to use Roman Cart, and its real plus was that it has the differential pricing that Len W describes.

Not only is it easier to maintain prices in that way - as there are fewer records per product - it means that the prices are worked out for the data inputter and also the calculation of price for the end user on the site is way quicker.

I've set up a product with variable pricing in Woocommerce. Because of its design constraints the calculation in the product cart takes ages (over a minute in some cases so completely impractical!).

The developers should also have a look at how the data is indexed as I feel this isn't helping things. I have a case where I offer services at various venues. The venue doesn't affect the price (other attributes do) - but it means that every data row has an *any venue * pricing rule which is causing the price calculation to grind to a standstill.

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, I would think that a computer is bettrer at calculating the variations than I am. Enter the price per option "et voilà".

I'm building an e-commerce site for a client that sells Truck Tarping Systems. Each system has multiple attributes (size, model, add-ons, etc.) that add to the base price. If I could add a value to each attribute, rather than each variation, it would be MUCH faster! Right now, I have to manually add a price for EVERY variation and it is VERY tedious. Depending on the system, there are can be 100+ variations.

PLEASE, Woocommerce! Allow us to add pricing to attributes, rather than variations!

• Christopher Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been looking for a fix to the same problem myself. I'd like to add a price to each of the terms of an attribute. I'm making custom oil paintings, and each size will have its own price. My attribute is "size", and each of the terms are "11x14 inches", "16x20 inches", 18x24 inches", etc. When I add a new product, I add all these attributes as product variations, but then have to manually add the price to each variation. It's a step I could avoid if the attribute terms already had prices set in them.

Plus, then I could update them all globally by changing the price in the original attribute, and it would update every single product. Otherwise, I have to go to each product and manually update the price of each product variation, and it will take days just to do one price update (which would take seconds if I could change it in the attribute window).

I've seen this request several times now, has anyone found a solution for it?

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base