How can we improve WooCommerce?

Check Availability Widget

I'm configuring WooCommerce Bookings to be used as a hotel booking system. A common requirement is to have a "Check Availability" widget seen throughout the site. Visitors can pick their dates, hit submit, and they would see a list of results showing which rooms (products) are available for those dates.

492 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Brian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

41 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wonder when will you guys make this idea happen? Right now the FacetWP is the only choice for us, however that plugin is not powerful enough to filter bookable products :(

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also looking for this feature... Really tired of searching solution for this. This one is a MUST HAVE, otherwise your site is not truly a booking site!

• Stephen Davies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For my needs I would like to see a calendar display (much like the calendar when in the product date selection) showing available and booked days for an "Accommodation booking" product. ShortCode should have an attribute of the product ID to differentiate calendar when you have multiple "Accommodation booking" products and the ability to select count of months in advance.

Example is the availability shortcode in "WP Booking System"

I agree with the other comments that a date filter would be really useful as well with the ability to specify criteria such as category or maybe even a list of products

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a Woocommerce Bookings widget to display anywhere on website to filter availability of resources? (example: home page - side bar, full width calendar, sticky sidebar widget etc.) I want customers to have quick access and a user friendly experience when it comes to looking for availability for a resource.

• Brett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It was would be great if there was a filter functionality on the calendar on the front end that allows users to choose a resource and its global product availability (example - weekend, weekday, weekly)

• Håkan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+ a proper calender widget which could be configured to show availability of multiple bookable products based on:
        - category
        - tag
        - Vendor
        - list of products

(very close related to the Google calender feature)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully there'll be a solution for this. I just purchased this yesterday as all other features are great, but an availability search/filter is quite crucial for a travel website..!

I tried to use the FacetWP plugin, but I can't get it to work. Other than that it's not really a pretty lay-out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please it's a must have feature , my whole project is not able to see the sunshine because of this core feature to make a hotel marketplace like booking for a famous tourist destination in india :)
        I have faith that soon booking extension will have this feature :) please ....

• GrnDrm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would sure appreciate the ability to initiate the booking process by first selecting a date, which would then result in a display of all products (bookable services) available on that date. The absence of this feature is a major problem that I have yet to solve. Thanks for your consideration!

• Nick Kellett commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding my vote to this request - it is a must-have feature for Accommodation and Booking plugins. Ideally it should further refine on product categories too, in addition to check-in and check-out dates/times. The display could be as simple as a list with links to the Bookable / Accommodation Product details.

• Michael Dorchain commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is basically not so many option for providing a search feature. Most only handle dates but not time. That said the search across the availabilities needs to remain fast especially for market places. It would be great if the availabilities could be cached and updated after each new booking.

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The FacetWP plugin has a WooCommerce Bookings add-on: https://facetwp.com/ It can filter bookable products by start / end date and quantity. It currently only supports whole-day bookings, but will soon support time-based as well.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I just add that Wisdmlabs have created a widget for this here: https://wisdmlabs.com/woocommerce-bookings-availability-search-widget/ However, it does not work with the new Accommodation extension. I discussed with them the possibility of adapting the existing plugin and the quotation was very reasonable (less than $200) to make it work with the Accommodation add-on! Anyway, if you have the budget - this may be worth looking into...

• Visit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When it will make searching by date? It's so stupid to have a bunch of items with dates and did not have a search for them!

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base