How can we improve WooCommerce?

Follow-Up Emails should be able to prevent email if customer has already purchased

The Follow-Up emails can send a timed email to customers who buy a certain product. There is the option to include a voucher, so that they you can try to up-sell.

However, there is no way to prevent the email if the customer has already bought the up-sold product. This results in customers receiving the email, realising that they could have got a voucher, and then asking for money back.

So, without this feature, the follow-up emails can lead to losing money on some sales!

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • lana kelley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I keep running into this problem over and over when I setup Product Emails. I basically can't use the coupon feature because of this exact thing being described here. My customers are getting the deal of a lifetime. Please please fix this!! In fact there are 2 different/similar problems here.

-Include a trigger option that will prevent email (intended for upsells) from being triggered even though the customer already purchased that product. The customer will feel ripped off if they get an email like that.

-Include a minimum product purchase amount to prevent the email from being triggered when the customer purchases the "triggering product" while using a discount code. This will prevent customers from getting a good deal and then getting another good deal simply because they just got a good deal.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Follow-up Emails

Feedback and Knowledge Base