How can we improve WooCommerce?

Show product variations on shop page

I would love to have the possibility to show product variations (with their own image) as separate products on the product listing pages (main shop page, category page, etc). That way visitors would be able to see the right product images when they use the layered nav filters.

Let's say I have a product that is available in both blue and white. I dont want to create two separate simple products, as I want the customer to be able to see and choose between the available colors on the product page. So I create a variable product using a color attribute, and assign a product image to each variation. But since the visitor only see the product once (the featured product image showcasing one of the availabe colors) on product listing pages, he might miss that it's available in another color. Or if he uses the layered nav filters to view products in the other color, he will still only see the product's featured image, which might be a bit confusing.

Please add the ability to show variations as separate products (but leading towards the same product page). I would definitely be willing to pay for it as an extension, if it isn't something that will be added to WooCommerce. I am really happy with all the other features of WooCommerce, but might have to change to a different e-commerce solution just cause I cant find a solution to this as I need it for my ongoing project.

456 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Everyone,

Is there any method to show variation on products catalouge. or plugin available,and I hove more problem in my website Please suggest me how can show add to cart button on products catalouge. I don't want to user go inside the product description page, i want to give the facilities to user choose variataion and add to cart button on product catalouge. I want to allow this feature all products. Please Suggest Me to solve this problem

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone really figured this out yet? I've scoured all over looking for something to create a simple color indicator showing the variation colors on the Shop page (not product page). I've tried several great options for the actual product page however if it's not shown on the shop page it defeats my purpose. The drop down is fine for the product page. I need it to be visual that there ARE option available from the shop page. I've managed to create an attribute that I can toss up in a side menu for filtering is the only thing even close as of yet and that just isn't pretty. Does Shopify or other places offer it as a built in? I'd be willing to start over I suppose. I can't even find a place to pay for the option for woo.

• Ben Peel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

James Kemp -> Can you help me with some code I'm writing by any chance? I want to do something similar to what you have done but on a variable search for quantity. I have it working and it displays the product, but when I try pull the variations through it looks wrong. Any ideas?

• James Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks like my previous link to this plugin was removed (at least, I can't see it). I assume it's because it's a premium plugin, however, it does solve this exact issue, so surely worth keeping on the idea?

Anyway, a plugin I've worked hard on to display single variations of a variable product: https://iconicwp.com/products/woocommerce-show-single-variations/

It has been well received so far, and your feedback will always help me to improve it.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi guys,

I've found this plugin:

http://woocombros.com/index.php/downloads/display-product-variations-2/

From the video, it looks a lot like the solution we're looking for. But what's holding me back for now are:

1) The author is giving a free download right now, so the plugin is probably still in its beta? It's Wordpress we're talking about, so I'm also quite concern about security issue.

2) The author (WooComBros) is a member on CodeCanyon since August 2015, so he's quite new to the community and hasn't generated much sales so far (i.e. 6 downloads on another plugin so far), leave alone reviews. Once this plugin becomes available on CodeCanyon, I might give it a try. But for the time being, I'm not sure I want to do that given my security concern.

If anyone has tried or would like to give it a try, please share your experience. I, for one, would really appreciate to hear that.

Cheers! :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does anybody know how I would show sizes available and show up when you hover on the image on shop page. Don't want customers to need to click in to product page and click drop down on sizes to see which are available

• Kike Montero commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone !

This look great !

Does anyone find the solution ?

@GauravSaxena did your plugins works ?

Thanks

• James Kemp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Brendan,

You can choose each individual variation to show in the catalog listing, so I would recommend either:

1. Create a variation for "Blue, Any Size" and show that (for example). I believe you can do this and then create more specific variations after it which will override in terms of price/sku/inventory.
        2. Choose one size to display in the listing "Blue, Small" - so the user can pick their own size once they click through.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks,
        James

• Brendan Wood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey James. This looks like a great plugin but I have a question before purchasing it.

To use your demo as an example, I'd like to separate variations by color, but not size. So I want all of the green shirts to show as their own product, but retain the size variation on the green item listing.

Is this possible with the plugin, or would every size and color get its own product listing?

• Borko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Gaurav Saxena, is that plugin available for download? Looks great.

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Category - Core

Feedback and Knowledge Base