How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add Apple Pay support to WooCommerce

It's clear that Apple Pay is going to be a must-have for our web stores.

Please add support for Apple Pay to WooCommerce ASAP.

Thanks!

650 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

81 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian Crowe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is the reason why there isn't a Pinterest Buyable Pins plugin in WooCommerce is because there isn't an ApplePay plugin for WooCommerce?

Both ApplePay and Buyable Pins have been around for a couple of years now.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's already March, any news on release date?

Also, why wasn't this done in Q1, Q2 and Q3 of 2016 when it was already known that this is coming? There is essentially 6 months (half a year) delay compared to when Shopify, Squarespace and Stripe added support for this.

Is WooCommerce having problems with management of this project?

Shouldn't there be some roadmap so we know what to expect and when instead of having to ask 80 separate questions below...

• HUI ZHAO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really?
        but i have a question:
        I want to know whether appleplay support Chinese business?
        Thanks~

• AdminMatty Cohen (Product Lead at WooCommerce / Automattic, Inc., WooCommerce) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

We're definitely further along. The overall feature code itself is working. We're currently working on a few additional special additions, to ensure the setup flow for Apple Pay is as smooth as possible (generally, setting up Apple Pay has quite a few steps involved, as a merchant).

We're working on getting this process as smooth as possible.

Expect a launch during Q1 (Jan/Feb/Mar) of 2017. We're aiming to keep it during the first half of Q1, as best we can, as we want to share this new feature with everyone, just as much as everyone wants to make use of it.

Well, I've kinda gotta ask, seeing as this was originally replied to as being 'actively worked on', nearly 2 months ago, after the original request in September.

Are you guys any further along? I've got 2 potential customers who want us to build their new sites on Woo instead of Shopify, but they'll be taking a step backwards if they don't have Apple Pay.

Having gathered feedback from these customers, they saw a marked increase in conversions after Apple Pay was introduced to their stores, so it's clearly becoming more and more important.

Is there any guidance on when you expect this to be released? Even if it's just ballpark?

• Steve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matt

Will Apple Pay also work with Woo Subscriptions?

Thanks,
        Steve

From a recent review of the new MacBook Pro with Touch ID:

"Having Apple Pay on the Mac is also terrific. I’ve made purchases on my MacBook that I otherwise might have held off on simply because it’s so easy. If you sell something online, you should accept Apple Pay if at all possible.

Any time you can use Touch ID to authenticate a payment or avoid entering a password, it’s a win."

• Jonathan Sciabica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matty,

I understand that you don't want to release on update that's not ready for "prime time".

I would suggest supplying us with a projected completion time frame so we don't have false hope.

Is it safe to say first quarter 2017?

• Julien Braida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's clear we're ALL waiting for this since a while now !! It would be VEEEEERY appreciated to release an update including Apple Pay before Christmaaaaaaas! We don't want to miss the big sale of the year ...

We wan't Apple Pay! We Want Apple Pay! We wan't Apple Pay! Let's go guys push it! :)

• Charlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just jumping on board with everyone else saying the same thing here - my traffic sources are an 80% majority on mobile (aimed at the 18-24 demographic so that's to be expected), so Apple Pay support is absolutely the highest possible priority for us. Please sort it out, I love WC, and it sucks to see you so far behind, this was announced AGES ago.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I'm appreciative of this free service, I'm scratching my head as to why they're not implementing this feature. There's no urgency, at least from what I'm reading. Shopify sites are doing amazingly well as a result of this implementation. If WooCommerce makes money from their add-ons, they should be working to add more users by implementing features people want instead of driving current users and new businesses towards Shopify.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

WooCommerce: Category - Payment Gateways

Feedback and Knowledge Base