How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add Apple Pay support to WooCommerce

It's clear that Apple Pay is going to be a must-have for our web stores.

Please add support for Apple Pay to WooCommerce ASAP.

Thanks!

642 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    MarkMark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AngelArsAngelArs shared a merged idea: Please add Apple Pay to WooCommerce. Very important to our customers.  ·   · 

76 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HUI ZHAOHUI ZHAO commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really?
        but i have a question:
        I want to know whether appleplay support Chinese business?
        Thanks~

• Matty CohenAdminMatty Cohen (Product Lead at WooCommerce / Automattic, Inc., WooCommerce) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there,

We're definitely further along. The overall feature code itself is working. We're currently working on a few additional special additions, to ensure the setup flow for Apple Pay is as smooth as possible (generally, setting up Apple Pay has quite a few steps involved, as a merchant).

We're working on getting this process as smooth as possible.

Expect a launch during Q1 (Jan/Feb/Mar) of 2017. We're aiming to keep it during the first half of Q1, as best we can, as we want to share this new feature with everyone, just as much as everyone wants to make use of it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well, I've kinda gotta ask, seeing as this was originally replied to as being 'actively worked on', nearly 2 months ago, after the original request in September.

Are you guys any further along? I've got 2 potential customers who want us to build their new sites on Woo instead of Shopify, but they'll be taking a step backwards if they don't have Apple Pay.

Having gathered feedback from these customers, they saw a marked increase in conversions after Apple Pay was introduced to their stores, so it's clearly becoming more and more important.

Is there any guidance on when you expect this to be released? Even if it's just ballpark?

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matt

Will Apple Pay also work with Woo Subscriptions?

Thanks,
        Steve

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

From a recent review of the new MacBook Pro with Touch ID:

"Having Apple Pay on the Mac is also terrific. I’ve made purchases on my MacBook that I otherwise might have held off on simply because it’s so easy. If you sell something online, you should accept Apple Pay if at all possible.

Any time you can use Touch ID to authenticate a payment or avoid entering a password, it’s a win."

• Jonathan SciabicaJonathan Sciabica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Matty,

I understand that you don't want to release on update that's not ready for "prime time".

I would suggest supplying us with a projected completion time frame so we don't have false hope.

Is it safe to say first quarter 2017?

• Julien BraidaJulien Braida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's clear we're ALL waiting for this since a while now !! It would be VEEEEERY appreciated to release an update including Apple Pay before Christmaaaaaaas! We don't want to miss the big sale of the year ...

We wan't Apple Pay! We Want Apple Pay! We wan't Apple Pay! Let's go guys push it! :)

• CharlieCharlie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just jumping on board with everyone else saying the same thing here - my traffic sources are an 80% majority on mobile (aimed at the 18-24 demographic so that's to be expected), so Apple Pay support is absolutely the highest possible priority for us. Please sort it out, I love WC, and it sucks to see you so far behind, this was announced AGES ago.

• AnonAnon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While I'm appreciative of this free service, I'm scratching my head as to why they're not implementing this feature. There's no urgency, at least from what I'm reading. Shopify sites are doing amazingly well as a result of this implementation. If WooCommerce makes money from their add-ons, they should be working to add more users by implementing features people want instead of driving current users and new businesses towards Shopify.

• Graham ClarkGraham Clark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey guys, can you PLEASE catch up with this development?

By you guys not supporting the latest payment methods small businesses suffer, and we're considering moving to Shopify who actually implements this stuff on time.

I don't want to move to Shopify, but I can't stay on WooCommerce if you guys aren't implementing this simple payment platform.

• Matty CohenAdminMatty Cohen (Product Lead at WooCommerce / Automattic, Inc., WooCommerce) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Karyn,

I really wasn't intentionally being patronizing at all. I'm really sorry my comment came across this way, to you. That said, there's no need to make this personal, or take such a harsh and personal approach in your responses.

It is important to note that we cannot always state the exact status of a project, due to certain discussions being in progress, and an ETA which may potentially change.

The facts (as you requested), are that we're working on Apply Pay support, and have made significant and noteable progress. There are a few unavoidable items we need to ensure are addressed before launching this feature, which has taken longer than anticipated.

That is where we stand on this project, today. I appreciate your passion for this project, and we all very much appreciate your feedback.

We'll be sure to keep this thread updated with each of our movements on this project, and will update here as well once this is released.

Thanks and regards,
        Matty Cohen.

• KarynKaryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Matty,
        Don't patronize me. there is a distinct difference between feelings and facts... and taking the "I'm sorry you feel that way," approach to someone placing facts in front of you is you being a dick. Woocommerce and Automattic ARE behind - grossly behind, and consistently offer nothing more than "just sit tight," and excuses, while your competition has already implemented the technology, and the payment processor itself has already made the function available. So one of two things are at play here: you've hired amateur programmers and need to re-evaluate your hiring criteria OR you all legitimately think the way to keep your customer base is to be the last platform to adopt new technologies. The fact that Black Friday passed without this technology being implemented is telling of the future of Woocommerce. Maybe Automattic should have left Woo alone instead of clearly taking on more than it can handle.

← Previous 1 3 4

WooCommerce: Category - Payment Gateways

Feedback and Knowledge Base