How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add Apple Pay support to WooCommerce

It's clear that Apple Pay is going to be a must-have for our web stores.

Please add support for Apple Pay to WooCommerce ASAP.

Thanks!

650 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

81 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jennifer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in process of redoing my website. I am working with a new designer and developer. Whether woocommerce embraces/ adds apple pay makes a big difference on whether I use the platform with my new website

• Jeremy Summers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haven't heard a peep of news anywhere from Woocommerce... Really hope you will let us know what is going on as this is huge!

• Jonathan Sciabica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep. Just checked out on a Shopify site with Apple Pay. It was awesome! Never had to enter any of my shipping or billing info. Saves a TON of time and feels sooooo secure

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

google wallet is a bigger market than applepay, add that too.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I probably should have read more posts to make sure nobody else posted this already...

UPDATE ---

Woocommerce cannot integrate ApplePay yet - it has not been released for a website payment. It was announced that this should be available Fall 2016. All ApplePay transactions are happening through apps or hardware right now. Both Stripe and Braintree are working with Apple to integrate ApplePay into their processing plugins for Woocommerce, which is web based. I'm sure others will follow. So keep up on their blogs and I'm sure Woocommerce.com will email an announcement when they have plugin updates equipped with ApplePay.

• jamesom4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stripe is going to be supporting Apple Pay on the web. Available this fall: https://stripe.com/apple-pay

Then hopefully the WooCommerce Stripe Payment Gateway (which is now free) will be updated to support Apple Pay.

• Griffin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yay! When can we expect it and will it be built in or a yearly up-sell/add-on like most everything else?

• tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Finally. Hope this develops quickly and is a core feature.

• Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup, now that this seems technically feasible, it gets a vote from me!

• Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Did you try it? It’s in their iOS app, and has been for over a year. But I just went to their website (using Apple’s browsers on 2 Apple OSes), added an item to the cart, and saw no Apple Pay option at checkout.

If they’d made Apple Pay available for web sites, it would’ve been a big deal and there would be tech-news stories about it all over the place. That help page on the Target website is inaccurate.

WooCommerce: Category - Payment Gateways

Feedback and Knowledge Base