How can we improve WooCommerce?

Add Apple Pay support to WooCommerce

It's clear that Apple Pay is going to be a must-have for our web stores.

Please add support for Apple Pay to WooCommerce ASAP.

Thanks!

650 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Mark shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

81 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There's still no Apple Pay on web sites. You need to build a custom app to connect to your store with the REST API, then convince customers to download it when they're already looking at your site.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Checkout with Apple Pay and Android Pay Plugin would be fantastic addition to WooCommerce.

I think even that’s not quite right, Matty. As of the last time I checked, you can not use Apple Pay on a website, full stop. So no payment processor can make a gateway WC Extension that accepts Apple Pay. The only way to get Apple Pay in your WC-based store is to make a NATIVE iOS app front end for the whole site.

I think someone from Woo needs to make it clear that this is not going to happen unless Apple announces Apple Pay for websites.

• AdminWooCommerce (Product Owner, WooCommerce) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's important that everyone understands how Apple Pay works. :)

Apple Pay is handled at the payment processor level, not at the store level. ie: the payment provider would need to support Apple Pay.

If the payment provider supports Apple Pay, and they have a WooCommerce extension, that extension could be made to support Apple Pay. :)

• Theo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. I have just been asked to find a solution to make check out easier via mobile device. I am forced to tell my superiors sorry if you want that build an app. With all traffic moving to the mobile device world like many here I have just hit a huge brick wall. What will it take for this to become an WooCommerce extension? Do we need to petition Apple?

• Jeremy Summers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you have paypal included in the core then this is a no-brainer... It's the hottest next-gen payment system.

Needs tone moved to woocommerce Ideas. Currently Apple Pay isn't for websites.

I’m with Doug Smith on this. I’ve never seen Apple Pay on a website and have never seen any documentation or marketing that describes any way to get it to work on a website. Maybe the Anonymous poster from November can share a link proving otherwise, but I’m pretty sure Woo can’t do anything about this unless Apple makes a big announcement expanding the scope of Apple Pay.

It absolutely does work within websites and will be everywhere on every other platform. Woo needs to get this out ASAP. Will buy it for sure.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Stripe is already integrating Apple Pay. Stripe is a WC payment extension.

It won't be long and there will be an update out adding Apple Pay.

WooCommerce: Category - Payment Gateways

Feedback and Knowledge Base