How can we improve WooCommerce?

Integrate Vouchers into Bookings

Bookings for activities or events often have a voucher that serve as an admission ticket, or at least a receipt. Currently, the only thing Bookings sends automatically via e-mail is the product name, product type, and date. It's missing important info for the customer, such as location and other details (e.g., fine print about cancellation, what to bring/wear, etc.). Vouchers attached to e-mail, perhaps using an existing plug-in like PDF Product Vouchers (which doesn't currently work with Bookings), could be a way to fill this gap.

83 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tyler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on a site which not only uses bookings but also multiple vendors. Having this would be extremely beneficial and would streamline many processes.

I'm a tour operator in the Caribbean and decided to use woocommerce, but to my suprise does not support vouchers for bookings. This is ideal for operators as we provide vouchers to attractions and partners for proof of service. Please implement!

• David Visser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My booking business relies on vouchers (gift card and certificates). As a work around I create "shadow" simple products with single use vouchers which are redeemable via the coupon field. However, if the voucher is being redeemed against a bookable product, this product cannot have the "Requires confirmation?" field enabled. Also the purchaser cannot redeem a voucher using the PAY button via the My Account page. So it seem to be partially working, just requires better integration.

• Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a great idea. From my account page a new tab is created with each booking. There should be an option to print each booking individually with all the booking info.

Would also be a awesome idea to add support for woo barcodes and generate a barcode for each booking. This would make checking people in for their bookings / appointments much easier

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How can I add voucher to my bookable product? I really need this.

• EricP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please force the seamless interaction of your own plugins with each other (e.g. PDF Product Vouchers & Bookings). it's confusing and ultimately disappointing that third-party plugins work better with your plugins than your own.

Really need this to happen. I am selling loads of vouchers for bookable products as they make brilliant Christmas and birthday presents. It is a shame this hasn't been implemented yet. I see this is three years on from the original post, now.

• Chris Lemmer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do add this feature. It will really help a lot since we want to make vouchers for bookings. Currently a booking confirmation is a printed order, and this isn't very viable.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base