How can we improve WooCommerce?

VAT Exemption extension unfit for purpose

After purchasing the disability VAT extension and extensive conversation with our accountants/tax advisers we're of the opinion that the current extension is unfit for purpose as it does not meet the guidelines laid down in this document.

http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageImport_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000184&propertyType=document

The extension needs to be modified or it should be withdrawn from sale as it is potentially leaving users of the extension in a precarious tax position.

Best regards Steve

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Steve Boardman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If the suggestions in my previous comment cannot be added. Can instructions on how to add the conditional formatting and extra fields be added instead?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree. I have upvoted with 3 votes. This issue has not been addressed and it is 2017.

The plugin needs conditional formatting adding and the following:

YES I am eligible for VAT discount or NO I am not eligible for VAT discount as a mandatory field. The form then appears below in the same way that clicking the ship to different address radio button makes the rest of the form appear.

After answering yes or no the fields must also be mandatory and MUST include:
    Full name of applicant
    Full address
    Type of chronic illness or disability
    A declaration tick box with editable content for admins.

Only then can a UK business meet the requirements of the UK standard VAT exemption requirements under: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/vat-notice-7017-vat-reliefs-for-disabled-people

THIS IS A PAID FOR PLUGIN - WE EXPECT BETTER FOR A PREMIUM PLUGIN WITH A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION!

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base