How can we improve WooCommerce?

Ability to Book multiple resources as options with variable pricing

We need the ability to have users select how many resources they want to book and have it track - in our case ATV/UTV machines. If I set up a resource called UTV and add 5 of them, the price will vary depending on how many are selected, as it is now, a user can only select one unless I make them all separate resources, which makes no sense from a front-end stand point.

122 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Brandon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am trying to add a booking whereby users can choose private or group tour - with the private option we need a sliding price scale dependent on the person count - with the group tour option it is a flat price irrespective of the number of people booking - Please can you update us ion this use case can be developed

• Bernard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please do this - we need it

Use cases
    Rentals of similar items - clothes, chairs....
    Beds in a dormitory
    expo space by m2

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any work arounds for this type of issue? Plugin?
    We have 3 spa rooms that need to read each other so we don't over book ourselves and clients can choose to book 3 guests at a time in 3 different services. Having the client book one service at a time (because of how a resource needs to be set up) is not a viable option and could cause clients to book else where.

This is what is stated in the set up process, but doesn't ring true...
    Resources are used if you have multiple bookable items, e.g. room types, instructors or ticket types. Availability for resources is global across all bookable products.

Please help .. is there and plug in add on to use or a code to impute. Some work around for this?

• Ant B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is a must have feature. I have a room reservation system and one room can be split. This needs ability to book all or part of that room. Once a part is booked, the whole room can not be booked on that time.

• Tim Wade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Haha. You guys don't know the half of it - I sell skiing and snowboarding holidays and have resources like skiing and snowboarding instructors that cost more and less at weekends, public holidays, Italian festivals and in high and low season. We also add ski hire (same) and ski passes in a high and low season for adults, children and under 6's.

Forget the resources on this plugin as it would infuriate a 2-year-old web designer and use in conjunction with the "WooCommerce Product Add-ons" plugin. That does anything you want it to - shame it doesn't do the accommodation bookings too!

If you want to buy me a beer - europeantim@gmail.com is my PayPal.

• Simon Sitto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need the ability to book MULTIPLE TIME SLOTS FOR DIFFERENT DAYS in ONE booking. Does anyone know how that can be done with this plugin please ?

• Mary-Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't believe this hasn't been added or is under review yet! Seems like it's basic functionality to be able to add multiple resources. Like others have said, it's super inconvenient to have to create an entirely new product if you want to add a different resource. I have a flow set up for clients to be able to book sessions with different coaches, but I need to create separate events for each session and assign the coaches as a resource. Would be nice to set up one event and have customers choose the session type and coach on one product!

• Mauricio Victoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this pet accomodation site and i need to people be able to choose which type of room they want for each of their pets. So it would be great if I could add more than one resource per bookable product.

• naimah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i also had problem with the resources. i have 2 resource of full board which is for children and adult. then, i want them to choose how many person for adult and how many person for children for full board.

in the woocommerce booking, there is only function for dropdown menu which customer can only choose one . i need a tickable choice. which means, customer can tick multiple resource they want. and how many count of the resource they choose.

hermm, when can woocommerce will update their booking plugin? in fact, the plugin didnt have search form that can make the customer easily find their booking option by searching through the search form..

how sad is the function.. but price ifor this plugin is so expensive.

• eztrans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

running into the same problem. I have parties at a bowling alley. Each party takes up 2 lanes. I also want to have the ability to book 1 lane outside of a party.

IT would seem like this would be possible but i have not figured it out

• Nicolas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also agree. A resource should have a choice between simple and variable type for a booking product (or maybe a booking should have a simple and variable type?)

So for instance, if I have a road show event. The resource would be the location of the event, but at that event there is a variation of tickets price/level. Each resource (event) can currently have it's own date (witch is fine) but then the price on the front end is either fixed or free. Using the Product Add-ons plugin would fix part of this issue since I can set the ticket price as an add-on attribute, but then the price range of the product is not reflected on the front end (witch is normal behaviour but not quite suited for this case use).
    Making multiple products for each event location would be an alternative solution but still not optimal from a management perspective and also from a user stand point (many product to choose from for the same event = confusing).

If any one has a better solution or setup for the way the plugin is currently working, I would love to hear it out.

• John H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. We have a B&B and would like have a feature where multiple resources can be added to a "Bookable Product". This way we can create a bundle or combo product of multiple global resources.

So for example, if I have 2 rooms (2 separate global resources; ROOM-1 & ROOM-2) and I want to create a bundled sku of the two. When a customer is checking for availability of either ROOM-1, ROOM-2, or the Bundle, the booking app should verify both resources availability. So if Room-1 is booked for FEB 1st, and a customer wants to book the Bundle of both rooms on Jan 31-Feb2, it wouldn't be allowed because one of the resources (ROOM-1) is unavailable on Feb 1st.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base