How can we improve WooCommerce?

Product Add-ons applied once on the product

Ability to add product add-ons once to the product, no matter the quantity ordered

468 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    NicolaNicola shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

72 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • DawnDawn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's essential for my needs. An added item, that needs a free choice option, but no more choices - I thought this would be included with the plugin!

• TomTom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Folks, I believe I figured it out. They don't want to do this because it can already be done with a paid extension... the Bundled Products extension. Bundle your "fee" product with the original product and you now have your flat fee option.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen, especially considering it's been 2 years since this idea was submitted! Ridiculous.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot understand why this isn't a basic feature of the plug in. I need to add a design service option to products that will only need to be added once. Please add it

Need this so I can let users select a rush charge. I think after 2 years and 441 votes it might be worth doing. Crap a user below in the comments pretty much explains how you can do it

• JoseJose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature it's very necessary. I cant' use the plugin now.

• EmelieEmelie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to display an image next to a checkbox
        or just an option to add an extra image..

We offer different engraving options and I want the client to be able to choose from 4 different fonts, so I need to have an image of the fonts.

i and a lot of other users need the ability to edit the product fields after added a product to the cart! For example using a custom text-field to customize a product like a text that will be printed to a product should be editable in cart. Or that an edit-link will be available to go back to the product including the values the user has put in the fields. Thank you

Is there a way to have a SKU and quantity associated with an Add-on? In the situation of limited quantities or for reporting.

• LaurenLauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot seem to find a product add on that contains the ability to add SKUs to the add-ons. We are in a peculiar situation where all our add-ons are in fact separate products with inventory and value. Without the SKU area in the add-on we are having trouble reconciling inventory as well as accurately populating orders. Does anyone know of a add-on plugin that might help us out of this pickle or have any recommendations? I am quite surprised that no one has created such a thing yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,
        perhaps I can help some of you out.
        I've added some lines with the help of a youtubevideo and changed this a little bit.

I put this code in the functions.php of my child-theme:

<?php

add_action('woocommerce_before_calculate_totals','add_custom_price');
        function add_custom_price ($cart_object) {
        foreach ($cart_object->cart_contents as $key => $value) {
        $addons = $value['addons'];
        $add_to_price = 0;

foreach($addons as $addon) {
        $add_to_price += $addon['price']/floatval($value['quantity']);
        }
        $price = $value['data']->price;
        $price += $add_to_price;
        $value['data']->price = $price;
        }
        }
        ?>

At the moment I try to add an input field to the admin panel next to the "required?" field to have the possibility to change from "add to total" to "add to price per piece" but this is not working yet.

← Previous 1 3 4

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Feedback and Knowledge Base