How can we improve WooCommerce?

Product Add-ons applied once on the product

Ability to add product add-ons once to the product, no matter the quantity ordered

709 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nicola shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jose commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature it's very necessary. I cant' use the plugin now.

• Emelie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to display an image next to a checkbox
    or just an option to add an extra image..

We offer different engraving options and I want the client to be able to choose from 4 different fonts, so I need to have an image of the fonts.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i and a lot of other users need the ability to edit the product fields after added a product to the cart! For example using a custom text-field to customize a product like a text that will be printed to a product should be editable in cart. Or that an edit-link will be available to go back to the product including the values the user has put in the fields. Thank you

Is there a way to have a SKU and quantity associated with an Add-on? In the situation of limited quantities or for reporting.

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cannot seem to find a product add on that contains the ability to add SKUs to the add-ons. We are in a peculiar situation where all our add-ons are in fact separate products with inventory and value. Without the SKU area in the add-on we are having trouble reconciling inventory as well as accurately populating orders. Does anyone know of a add-on plugin that might help us out of this pickle or have any recommendations? I am quite surprised that no one has created such a thing yet. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hello,
    perhaps I can help some of you out.
    I've added some lines with the help of a youtubevideo and changed this a little bit.

I put this code in the functions.php of my child-theme:

<?php

add_action('woocommerce_before_calculate_totals','add_custom_price');
    function add_custom_price ($cart_object) {
    foreach ($cart_object->cart_contents as $key => $value) {
    $addons = $value['addons'];
    $add_to_price = 0;

foreach($addons as $addon) {
    $add_to_price += $addon['price']/floatval($value['quantity']);
    }
    $price = $value['data']->price;
    $price += $add_to_price;
    $value['data']->price = $price;
    }
    }
    ?>

At the moment I try to add an input field to the admin panel next to the "required?" field to have the possibility to change from "add to total" to "add to price per piece" but this is not working yet.

• Bjørn Kamfjord commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need this for my printshop, so that I can add options that do not multiply with product quantity, for instance a proof option.

Addon fields values are not showing up in final checkout and order confirmation email.

• SL commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would also like to see that feature added to the next update. Or even a woocommerce function that could be used by other developers to get it working.

Need it for a print shop. Thought something like that is a core feature of that plugin.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Feedback and Knowledge Base