How can we improve WooCommerce?

Product Add-ons applied once on the product

Ability to add product add-ons once to the product, no matter the quantity ordered

709 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Nicola shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

125 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Nhlangano Chabalala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need it for a website wherein i want the customer to be able to select a once of branding cost can this be done as is?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do you guys work to get that feature added ? I need that as soon as possible. I have contacted a few developers and no one was able to help me getting it done.

• garo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Purchased the product addon just for that feature and than realise it is not possible.

What is the purpose ? It's called an ADD-ON, it should be only applied ONCE, we should not vote for this. It should be with it.

Unsatisfied customer asking refund.

• Justin Kinsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very important to be able to add this element to my website as much is based on custom options that should only be applied once to 'x' products, but cannot so leaves an easy solution for sale redundant.... currently limiting customer to buying 1x said item and then having to contact me for multiple purchases. Not very user friendly.
    Please, please can you add this option.

• Sam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to use this add options to insure the whole shipment and to add signature on delivery for the whole shipment. Please add this possibility soon! Thanks, Sam

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to add this possibility for a i sell tickets and want customers to pay a parking-fee for example, but than per order, not per ticket.

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a rental service for kayaks. Made addon checkboxes for if people wanted a paddle and/or life vest. I only want them to pay a fee of like 20 dollars for the whole period but now they need to pay 2 dollars a day. Lol. And some people rent for 6 months.... :D Sure I'm getting rich but such a basic function should really be implemented ASAP. Especially since a lot of people seem to need it.

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? It's a must-have for me, and seems like a great feature.

• Jarrod Skeggs commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The application that I have where this would be nice is for collection of an art fee. My client sells products on which he either prints a client's artwork, or charges them a flat fee to produce artwork for them that will then be printed on the product. Clearly, he's not producing the artwork 25 times if someone orders 25 items. My workaround presently is to simply create a product that the customer has to add to their cart in addition to the main product they are buying. That's not a good solution as many folks don't know they need to add that to the cart even though it's mentioned on every product and on the cart and checkout pages. The same client would like the ability to charge an expedite fee. NOT EXPEDITED SHIPPING, but rather letting the client pay a flat fee to get their order moved to the front of the production line. Again, we have made that a standalone product, but that's not the best solution.

• Keith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very useful, without it I need to look for another plugin :(

• Lubo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When ordering a print of some products, it's necessarry to charge a setup fee for the printer. This fee is the same no matter the quantity ordered. Currently, it's not possible to do so since the fee gets applied 1000 times! if the customer orders a print of 1000 shirts. Thanks for adding this feature soon :)

• Elihu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Amen - rush processing fee independent of quantity would be excellent.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Product Add-ons

Feedback and Knowledge Base