How can we improve WooCommerce?

ship on a different schedule than renewal payments and track shipping of each issue

The idea of subscriptions started before computers and continues today as physically shipped products on recurring intervals that are different than payments intervals. For example, a quarterly magazine with an annual renewal. Tracking shipping of this very, very basic functionality is also necessary. At this point we spend days processing our database to determine who gets what issues of our magazine. It is enough to send us searching for a different product every quarter, or at least find a tutorial for woocommerce about this basic, but lacking functionality.

68 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeff shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Adam Trickey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We too could use this feature.

For customers who pay annually for a monthly subscription product, it would be ideal if a monthly order could be auto-generated with a special status such as 'prepaid'.

Right now the orders are sent to ShipStation for fulfillment, but there's not a means of generating the monthly shipping labels for those customer who pay annually.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Subscriptions of many physical products require the ability to bill say every month and ship every 3 months.
        This is the basis for many physical product continuity offers.
        It is a basic requirement for a physical product subscription model and should be a fundamental feature of Woocommerce Subscriptions.

Can this please be expedited as there are many shopping carts out there with that require this fundamental feature

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously. This is super, super basic functionality for a subscription service. If I knew this couldn't be done, I would've never purchased. I'm still seriously considering doing a chargeback and going to something like CrateJoy or Subbly.

I really hope the purchase by Automattic cleans a lot of this crap up.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Subscriptions

Feedback and Knowledge Base