How can we improve WooCommerce?

Two Calendar Date Picker (one for Start Date, one for End Date)

My premise and experience, based on user testing, is that the current 'duration' picker option is confusing for people. Using a single calendar to select start/end times problematic for the following reasons:

1. A single calendar non-standard. And so, people don't know how to use it from experience. The vast majority of reservation systems use two-calendar date pickers to establish duration.

2. A single calendar is unintuitive. The labels that explain that you need 'pick start date' or 'pick and end date' loop, so that once you've picked your end date it asks for a start date again. In fact, the very necessity for action prompts makes me feel like this is a broken solution. A normal two-calendar date picker is far more obvious because there's only one label for each calendar.

3. Multiple months are confusing. You lose site of the start date when you move to the end date if it's in a second month. This makes it hard to get a bird's eye view of your selection. And thus it makes it difficult to have confidence (or change a selection).

Thanks for your consideration. Implementing a standard two-calendar date picker would be a world of improvement for our users and for your customers (those of us that have invested our time and money in woocommerce bookings)

214 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • ELAN42 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2013 -> 2019 ... this is still unfeatured ?

How can you think that people will click a calendar for a "start date" (doesn't mean anything)
    and select number of days ? ("end date") ?

The world is booking.com: the world is "select check in date" "select check out date"
    ADAPT OR DIE !

Please tell me how to customize the calendar, we can't wait anymore !

• Remgro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea really needs to be implemented, a single range-datepicker is confusing.
    Especially since the current range-datepicker has a major bug which confuses even more! (datepicker highlights 1 day less than the actual selected range of days)
    When I asked for a fix multiple times, WooCommerce replied "they are working on higher priority bugs"..

• Christ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2 years later and the option still doesn't exists. Was abandon Woo Bookings for this reason a year ago. Another project in the pipe and still the same issue that makes me abandon it again.

• Andrea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another issue with bookings. What a pity - could have been such a great product. If only Skyverge were managing it!!

• Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm all with Nancy. I thought this would be an easy customization but haven't been able to figure it out. Just take a look at any major hotel booking page and you will se that to/from-calendars are standard (more or less).

Just saw the booking plug in from another big ecommerce platform and realized they used this requested variation.

User case: Click the start date -> The calendar appears and the user choose a date -> The to date calendar appears under the to date -> The user choose a date.

When a to date is chosen, the calendars are hidden and the (2) fields (from & to) are filled with the dates. The to date can be changed by clicking the to date field and the calendar will appear. IE the user doesn't have to change the start date in order tho change the to date.

• Nancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please! It is very confusing to many users and causing me to consider abandoning Bookings.

• sita pea commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very important and needs to be added! At the moment I'm considering of losing Bookings addon, because my clients are confused.

• Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a selling point for me. As it stands, it's a little hard to find open bookings compared to most other booking software out there.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base