How can we improve WooCommerce?

Multiple Warehouse or Store Locations Inventory Tracking

The ability to track inventory independently across multiple locations such as multiple stores or warehouses on identical products/items.

Also customer/visitor ability to view items by store/location.

Each item (product) would have 3 or more sets fields to be filled in with location & current inventory level. When customer clicks add to cart, they would be prompted for which location they want to purchase from.

We have 3 brick-and-mortar locations and in many cases, all three locations have the same identical items. Currently, the only way to handle this is to use have a different "product" for each store, with the product name/sku appended with something to indicate it's location.

138 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    David shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So this is a mess isn't it. I am absolutely appalled at woocommerce for missing this highly needed functionality.
        I have one webstore. We have multi currencies - selling currently in GBP and USD. Main warehouse is in USA, Warehouse B is in UK. We had a plug in that in theory worked beautifully, then the developers disappeared and left it hanging called Multiple Warehouse for Woocommerce. The developer hung up his gloves and departed. Then we tried Rapid Stock Manager - another plug in that in theory could fix this in the blink of an eye. I do not wasn't to have third party shipper shipping out - we do that, so I need a lug in that recognizes multi currencies as the site was designed to, that forward the customer to the correct webstore, that checks them out in their currency and whose New Order goes to the pertinent warehouse to ship out.
        Why is this so difficult?? Has ANYONE got ANYTHINg out there to share? how in heavens name do we shout at Woocommerce?? Where do we go to get notice taken of this issue?

• Artisanthropy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I REQUIRE this functionality immediately. If WC doesn't want to put it out there, is there a quick and dirty way to do this with a custom function in functions.php?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to see the different locations and their stock total from the Product page would be great!

• Luke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am working on a website that has about 5 locations over the country. The local pickup option was causing issues because it would default to local pickup even if you select another shipping option as a higher priority. Customers could also put in delivery details and bypass delivery charges and go straight to PayPal... It would be AMAZING if you could have stock levels for locations. So you could put in the product you want and check stock at the nearest store etc. But for now I just had to turn off 'local pickup' and I will include a message that they have to phone if they want to collect, or some other, slightly crude, workaround.

Basically... let me know if you find something that does this :)

• mayunathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea..

in my case
        Hello..

I'm developing a web store for my shops. I owned 2 shops in different locations. i'm looking for a plugin for manage stocks for both stores from the back end of my woo commerce based web store.

Next,

from the customer point of view, they have to choose the store first based on the location. after that only they can buy the products

Has anyone found any plugins or extensions Please let us know!
        Thank you

Mayunathan

• Marc Fotheringham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

++++1!

This is EXACTLY what I'm looking for. I try to hide whenever the boss asks about what stock is located where.

I use the WooCommerce POS plugin for the shop - is that what you do?

Having the different products set for each location is not a bad idea as a sticking plaster, it's just a b*tch when stuff comes to the shop from the warehouse - decreasing stock there and increasing it here. I guess that decreasing the stock can be done as part of the cart, the shop essentially 'buying with 100% discount' the products that are delivered from the warehouse, and manually increasing the stock levels for the shop products. I take it you have the categories set so that you can filter each shop easily?

Is there something that can be done with the "Custom Product Field" in product setup?

WooCommerce: Category - Extension Ideas

Feedback and Knowledge Base