How can we improve WooCommerce?

Bookings: Multiple Google Calendar Integration

It would be awesome to include multiple calendar ID's for integration with the resources. I have a store with multiple employees, This would allow a customer to book and for that appointment to go directly to a specific calendar that we share with a specific employee (we have 6) . Currently the appointments make it to the shop calendar and we must filter all the appointments to the correct calendar. It would be nice to be able to set the plugin to take advantage of this basic Google Calendar functionality.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
MontanaTattooCo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mary-Ann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes please! It's absurd that the developers didn't think through this use case. What's the point of Resources if you can't have multiple staff members be able to take bookings and sync their calendars?

If Bookly (another overpriced and shoddy plugin) can figure it out, there's no reason why Woo can't.

• Firebird Studios General commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a rehearsal studio with each room set to a particular calendar in Google. This is a must for us to be able to use Woocommerce bookings going forward.

• Leun commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use both Product Vendor and bookings and I'm looking for a way that the vendors calender can have two way sync with Google calender.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes! The possibility of multiple Google Calendar Integration would be very usefull!!!

• Anban commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really concerning that $250 plugin has such limited support and no view of features being added! Even the rest API doesn't return booking information so now we need to resort to modifying the code itself!

The lack of this feature is preventing me from buying this plugin. I need multiple worker calendars.

I currently have a client who needs this and we are having to look elsewhere for a solution :(

• Xavier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes ! And with an email confirmation to the resource when it's a human. It will make sense to be able to link a resource with a User Profile and that this user can change his availability (as resource).

+ his own calendar to see when he his booked for what.

And when it's not a human, this resource's calendar is a good idea too : we can use it for planification purpose.

• Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ok, one other thing that would be Really Great: an option to use a separate calendar for unconfirmed bookings. Right now we have some crazy hack developed so that more than one person can request the same single-use time slot. Then when one of these competing bookings gets confirmed, the others get automatically canceled. But right now, we have no way of seeing pending/unconfirmed events in a calendar view. It'd be nice to be able to check a date for other pending bookings any time a new request comes in.

• Yoni commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this too, either one gCal per resource or per category, or per product. However it’s implemented, I could try and adjust my workflow to it.

I actually tried to do this myself via a plugin and it was really difficult. Part of that is that I’m no professional, and I had a hard time figuring out how to use separate calendars with the same OAuth tokens. But even then, I could see how it would be very complicated to make this sort of thing work with any after-the-fact changes to bookings. Especially if the user changes the product in the back-end. I think part of the reason they go with one calendar is that it’d be really hard to ensure your changes propagate to Google if you make any changes other than a simple reschedule/cancel.

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Bookings

Feedback and Knowledge Base