How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Memberships: Automatic Member Assignment

This would add the ability to assign membership based on customer goals rather than a product purchase, which opens Memberships up for "VIP" memberships to reward customers.

Memberships could be granted based on lifetime or annual goals for the customer, such as:

- lifetime spend (i.e., $1000 in purchases)
- annual spend (i.e., $500 in this year)
- lifetime purchase count (i.e., 25 orders)
- annual purchase count (i.e., 10 orders this year)

Once the customer hits this goal, the membership is automatically created.

63 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SkyVerge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Revere's Riders Webmaster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a valuable additional feature for our use case (annual spend over $X grants a specified membership for subsequent year). Please implement.

• Hashim Warren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish this feature would work with myCred so memberships could be granted based on points.

myCred already has plenty of ways to gain points based on purchasing behavior. Right now the only way to turn those points into a membership is to tie it to a product that you can purchase with points.

I would love to skip that step and auto assign a membership based on points activity

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We'd like to have a member's only shopping cart. Each account would need to be approved by an admin first. People can browse without being logged in, but to purchase we'd need them to be logged in.

• Hiren Sanghvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

This looks amazing functionality.

Any update on this functionality? Or Any work around for this?

Thanks.

• claus Thomsen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would really like this if it is possible to assign a membership level to a customer who has just made a normal registration.
        Please make it soon

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can't wait for this feature! Would be nice is this wasn't only based on purchase history, because for those of us who use this plugin to provide access to content without initial purchase(such as members only area, restricted content, etc), and further offer paid membership options with access to more content and tools available this won't be helpful. But I understand that simple setting like "if lifetime spend=$0 assign membership x" can achieve this, as long as $0 will be allowed as value, or if some option allow "membership level x" to be assigned to all registered users automatically. Any idea when this will be available?

• Aimee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

would love to have this automated with a notification Congratulations you just earned X! email going out to notify them their activity earned them a reward

• Matt Hall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

be super cool If this could support the use case for a free membership not needing to go through the checkout or being registered as an order

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Memberships

Feedback and Knowledge Base