How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Memberships: bbPress integration

This would add the ability to restrict forums, topics, and replies from bbPress to members with WooCommerce memberships. This could also have advanced features, such as the ability to make profiles public / restricted.

bbPress users, what's important to restrict? How would you like to protect forums to members?

336 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    SkyVerge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

42 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • jb510 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need to be able to show forums, without the ability to click through and see topics/replies.

Need to be able to show topics (titles) without the ability to click through and see replies.

Need to restrict by subscription product (using Propress's subscriptions), which isn't clear if that's what this does.... hoping it at least does that.

Restrict by a specific user and a custom user role, such that is cascades from forums>topics>replies.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Protecting the bbpress forums completely by redirecting to a page is not the bad thing but that this option is a global decision. I could not find a way to protect the forums completely while at the same time feeding excerpts of pages or posts to my visitors.

Did this ever happen? I need the ability to restrict my premium forum to only paid subscribers.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I restrict access to member only forums in the membership plan, but it does nothing. Non members see it and can access it at will. I do not see any integration with BBPress as it is.

• Hannah Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like more options for the fine grained control of content restriction. I want to be able to 'hide my content' completely for forums, but 'redirect to another page' for other types of content.

I am working on a school website. Their SMF forum is where they do most of their communication. I am porting that to bbpress to take advantage of one signon for all features in the site. The private content was easy to protect. I have yet to get Memberships to protect the bbpress forum, despite following the bbpress instructions. It'd be great if I could just say "protect the forum using this membership" the same way I say "protect this post category using this membership." Not sure that Woo Memberships will be the plugin for us if I can't get this to work.

• Jennifer Van Camp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All of my BBpress client websites have some type of membership fee attached to them. Full integration between the two plugins would be wonderful. User type integration, having memberships assign user type in bbress. Having integration between subscriptions and BBpress would be wonderful as well, having a bbpress user profile shown/hidden with an active/inactive subscription would be ideal.

• Robert Oglesby commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to automatically set bbpress roles for new subscribers when they join based on the membership level they choose. Specifically I want to set some membership levels that can view but not post to topics and replies (bbpress role "spectator") while others have both access and the ability to post (bbpress default role when they register of "participant"). This can be done manually now but to automate this process in the "edit membership plan > restrict content" page would be great.

• Stillnessinyoga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am selling memberships - which includes a private forum - I need to be able to hide the forum from non members

• Intelligent Fanatics commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like better integration with bbPress, including inheriting permissions from parent forums, and an able to see topic titles but lock the topics for members only.

It also be great to have it work witth active membership subscriptions to content and for it to automaticly change roles and access to the content once the subscription ends, cancels or failed payment... thank you.

• Rico commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A better integration with BBpress would be great! I'm trying to create an membership only forum

The admin should be able to decide that certain level members join automatically to bb groups, which is suitable for them. It is not always that the members want to discuss with other members who bought same memberships. Often it can be the opposite. For example buyers want to discuss with sellers and not with other buyers

• Lee Hardin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with Fidel Torres' idea:
        "Give private forums for each member ship group. Allow nonmembers to access only public forums."
        I would also add "or all private forums" in addition to just private forum access for their specific membership. For instance, VIP memberships get access to all private forums, etc.

I would like to:
        (1) Associate one ore more forum to one membership and grant access to the forum to active members of the memberships only
        (2) Use also the "Hide only content" protect mode

• N. Baykan Belirdi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to use and continue to purchase Woocommerce products, and together with bbpress or BuddyPress forum functionality. I do not want to quit using Storefront. Any chance to use, wooCommerce , Storefront theme and bbPress alltogether with a lovely view and functionality ? This is a must have thing for me. Kind Regards

← Previous 1 3

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Memberships

Feedback and Knowledge Base