How can we improve WooCommerce?

WooCommerce Memberships: bbPress integration

This would add the ability to restrict forums, topics, and replies from bbPress to members with WooCommerce memberships. This could also have advanced features, such as the ability to make profiles public / restricted.

bbPress users, what's important to restrict? How would you like to protect forums to members?

368 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
SkyVerge shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am not clear on one thing after reading the doc.

Can you restrict access to all topics via direct url access or every time a new topic is created you have to restrict access to it, which seems a bit crazy.

I have removed the forums from my XML sitemap and using the Yoast settings have set them to NoIndex but direct access still needs stopping.

Dale.

• Tim Durden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Inheritance would be great; being able to restrict forums and all topics (irrespective of accessing URLs directly), rather than applying this individually would be awesome.

• Brent commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have my forum set to spectate to keep out spammers and I really need to be able to set a users forum role to "X" when they purchase a membership.

• SkyVerge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify this -- you can restrict forums and topics with "Hide completely" or "Redirect to page" restriction modes. This feature would add:

- the abiility to use "Hide content" mode
    - restriction around profiles
    - (potentially) the ability to restrict a category, and automatically extend this restriction to any forums in that category (currently child forums don't inherit the category restriction)

along with suggestions here that are possible / valuable for other users :)

1 3 Next →

WooCommerce: Extension - WooCommerce Memberships

Feedback and Knowledge Base